2018 Chevrolet Camaro Overview
Is the 2018 Chevrolet Camaro a Good Used Automotive?
Sure, the 2018 Chevy Camaro is a good decide should you’re searching for a used sports activities automobile .
The 2018 Camaro has many highlights:
See more: 2018 chevrolet camaro price
- Two-door coupe and convertible physique kinds
- Highly effective four-cylinder, V6, and V8 engine choices
- Agile dealing with
- Easy experience high quality
- Good security scores
- A number of accessible security options
- Person-friendly infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Snug entrance seats
- Smooth inside styling
Its on a regular basis practicality is proscribed although, and it has a couple of drawbacks:
- Cramped rear seats
- Minimal cargo area
- Massive rear blind spots
- Some low cost cabin supplies
If you need a efficiency automobile with extra cargo room and higher visibility, think about options just like the 2018 Dodge Challenger and 2018 Ford Mustang .
Examine the Camaro, Challenger, and Mustang »
Why You Can Belief Us
U.S. Information & World Report has been rating and reviewing automobiles since 2007, and our Greatest Automobiles workforce has many years of mixed expertise within the auto business. Although we’re captivated with automobiles, we’re much more dedicated to offering useful shopper recommendation. To take care of objectivity, we don’t settle for costly items or journeys from automobile firms, and a 3rd social gathering handles promoting on our website.
We’ve analyzed 34 Chevrolet Camaro opinions, in addition to laborious information factors like reliability scores and value of possession estimates, that can assist you make the perfect car-buying choice doable.
How A lot Is the 2018 Chevrolet Camaro?
Based mostly on listings for the 2018 Chevrolet Camaro on our website, the typical value is $28,500, which is excessive for the category and barely larger than different pony automobiles. Costs vary from $20,900 to $57,700 and range relying on the car’s situation, mileage, options, and site.
See the Greatest Used Automotive Offers »
How A lot Does the 2018 Chevrolet Camaro Price to Personal?
The Camaro’s five-year prices for gasoline, insurance coverage, repairs, and upkeep are projected to be round $33,000, or $6,600 per yr. That’s larger than common for a sports activities automobile .
Is It Higher to Purchase a Used or New Camaro?
The 2019 Chevy Camaro begins at simply $25,000, however it could actually exceed $70,000 in its high trim ranges. You’ll be able to spend much less cash by shopping for a used 2018 mannequin, however bear in mind that you simply received’t get the few notable updates featured within the 2019 mannequin. These embrace non-compulsory ahead collision warning (a beforehand unavailable security function) and refreshed exterior styling.
Learn concerning the new Chevrolet Camaro »
It can save you extra money by buying an older used Camaro. Chevy redesigned the Camaro for 2016, and the 2016 and 2017 fashions have most of the similar comfort options because the newer fashions. That stated, you’ll want to stay with a 2017-and-newer Camaro if you would like a ZL1 mannequin. This 650-horsepower variant wasn’t provided for 2016.
Examine the 2016, 2017, and 2018 Camaro »
See the Greatest New Automotive Offers »
See the Greatest New Automotive Lease Offers »
How Dependable Is the 2018 Chevrolet Camaro?
The 2018 Chevrolet Camaro has an above-average predicted reliability score of three.5 out of 5 from J.D. Energy.
Learn extra about Camaro reliability »
2018 Chevrolet Camaro Remembers
On the time of writing, no remembers have been issued for the 2018 Chevrolet Camaro.
See extra data on Chevrolet Camaro security remembers »
Which Used Chevrolet Camaro Trim Is Proper for Me?
The 2018 Chevy Camaro is available in six trim ranges: 1LS, 1LT, 2LT, 1SS, 2SS, and ZL1. Every trim is obtainable as a coupe or convertible. Most patrons needs to be pleased with the entry-level 1LS and 1LT trims. These fashions provide robust efficiency plus nice comfort options like a contact display screen, Apple CarPlay, and Android Auto.
- Chevrolet Camaro 1LS: This base mannequin Camaro is obtainable with a 275-horsepower four-cylinder engine or a 335-horsepower V6. Customary options embrace a 7-inch contact display screen, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, satellite tv for pc radio, Bluetooth, a Wi-Fi scorching spot, two USB ports, distant keyless entry, push-button begin, fabric seats, power-adjustable entrance seats, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, 18-inch alloy wheels, a rearview digicam, and Teen Driver, which helps you to set quantity and velocity limits for secondary drivers.
- Chevrolet Camaro 1LT: The 1LT trim has the identical four-cylinder and V6 engine choices because the ILS, and it provides distant begin.
- Chevrolet Camaro 2LT: The upmarket 2LT trim additionally enjoys the identical engine choices, nevertheless it provides an 8-inch contact display screen, a Bose stereo, leather-based seats, heated and ventilated entrance seats, and dual-zone automated local weather management.
- Chevrolet Camaro 1SS: The performance-oriented 1SS trim comes with a 455-horsepower V8 engine. It has the identical customary options because the 1LS trim, along with a sport-tuned suspension, Brembo brakes, 20-inch alloy wheels, and upgraded cooling methods for the engine, transmission, and rear differential.
- Chevrolet Camaro 2SS: The 2SS trim comes with the V8 engine, and it combines the high-performance gear of the 1SS mannequin with the facilities of the 2LT. It additionally provides blind spot monitoring, rear parking sensors, heated facet mirrors, a head-up show, and a smartphone charging pad.
- Chevrolet Camaro ZL1: The racy ZL1 trim has a 650-horsepower V8 engine. It has the identical customary options of the 2SS mannequin, with the addition of a efficiency exhaust system, adaptive suspension, and Recaro sport seats.
Obtainable options embrace a navigation system, a sunroof, a heated steering wheel, adaptive suspension, a Efficiency Knowledge Recorder (a forward-facing digicam for recording driving footage), and the 1LE efficiency packages. These non-compulsory 1LE packages add a restyled grille, a entrance splitter and rear spoiler, heavy obligation cooling methods, and upgraded brakes and an upgraded suspension.
See 2018 Chevrolet Camaro trims and specs »
What Does Chevrolet’s Licensed Pre-Owned Guarantee Cowl?
Chevrolet affords an authorized pre-owned program for automobiles six years previous or much less and with fewer than 75,000 miles. Eligibility is set by the car’s preliminary sale date. For its licensed pre-owned automobiles, Chevy extends the unique new-car powertrain guarantee to 6 years or 100,000 miles. These automobiles additionally get a one-year/12,000-mile bumper-to-bumper restricted guarantee after the three-year/36,000-mile new-car guarantee expires. Chevrolet CPO automobiles should cross a 172-point inspection. Further advantages like towing and 24-hour roadside help could also be accessible. To study extra, learn Chevy’s guarantee web page.
Chevrolet has one of many higher CPO packages amongst reasonably priced carmakers, however Hyundai, Mitsubishi, and Kia are higher, in response to our evaluation.
See the perfect CPO packages »
2018 Chevrolet Camaro Security
The Nationwide Freeway Visitors Security Administration gave the 2018 Camaro a five-star general security score out of 5. The Camaro acquired 5 stars in facet crash and rollover checks and 4 stars for frontal crash security.
The Insurance coverage Institute for Freeway Security gave the 2018 Camaro a high security score of Good in 4 crash checks, and it acquired the second-highest score of Acceptable for roof power.
Customary superior security options:
- rearview digicam
- Teen Driver (allows you to set quantity and velocity limits for secondary drivers)
Obtainable superior security options:
- rear parking sensors
- blind spot monitoring
- rear cross visitors alert
- head-up show
See Camaro security scores »
2018 Chevrolet Camaro Versus the Competitors
Which Is Higher: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro or 2018 Ford Mustang?
The 2018 Ford Mustang is a nice possibility if you wish to purchase a used sports activities automobile . Just like the Camaro, the Mustang has highly effective engine choices, sporty dealing with, and easy-to-use tech options. The Mustang additionally returns related gasoline mileage. Each automobiles have cramped rear seats. Keep on with the Camaro if reliability is your major concern; the Chevy charges larger on this space. Then again, go together with the Ford should you’re extra involved about on a regular basis practicality. The Mustang has a much bigger trunk, higher rear visibility, and extra accessible security options.
Which Is Higher: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro or 2018 Dodge Challenger?
Editor’s Choice: How Fast Are Formula 1 Cars vs. Nascar and Other Race Cars?
The 2018 Dodge Challenger is a greater decide for many patrons. The Challenger has a greater predicted reliability score and a a lot roomier cabin with comfy rear seats and a big trunk. It’s additionally accessible with all-wheel drive, which may make winter journey a lot simpler. Lastly, the Challenger affords robust engine efficiency. That stated, the Camaro is much more agile round turns. If it’s corner-carving enjoyable that you simply’re on the lookout for, stick to the Chevy.
Examine the Camaro, Mustang, and Challenger »
2018 Camaro Efficiency
How Does the 2018 Chevrolet Camaro Drive?
The 2018 Camaro offers an excellent driving expertise. The Camaro feels balanced round turns, its steering is crisp and responsive, and its brakes decelerate the automobile assertively. The Camaro additionally rides comfortably on most highway surfaces, particularly when outfitted with the accessible Magnetic Journey Management system, an adaptive suspension that may immediately stiffen or soften the automobile’s shock absorbers.
There’s no scarcity of Camaro engine choices to select from. The usual four-cylinder and accessible V6 engine are greater than able to hustling the automobile up to the mark shortly. Every feels punchy and might be paired with a slick six-speed handbook transmission or a quick-shifting eight-speed automated. Go for the Camaro SS and also you’ll discover a thunderous V8, which may speed up the automobile from zero to 60 mph in simply over 4 seconds. On the high of the pile is the supercharged Camaro ZL1, which may sprint to 60 mph in as little as 3.5 seconds.
- Base engine: 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder with 275 horsepower and 295 pound-feet of torque
- Obtainable engines:
- 3.6-liter V6 with 335 horsepower and 284 pound-feet of torque
- 6.2-liter V8 with 455 horsepower and 455 pound-feet of torque (SS)
- 6.2-liter supercharged V8 with 650 horsepower and 650 pound-feet of torque (ZL1)
- Drivetrain: rear-wheel drive
- Transmission: customary six-speed handbook; accessible eight-speed automated; accessible 10-speed automated (ZL1 solely)
Does the 2018 Chevrolet Camaro Get Good Gasoline Mileage?
The Camaro isn’t as fuel-efficient because the smaller sports activities automobiles on this class, just like the 2018 Fiat 124 Spider , Mazda MX-5 Miata , and Subaru BRZ . Nonetheless, its gas economic system is on par with its pony-car and muscle-car rivals.
- 2.0-liter turbo I4, automated: 22/31 mpg metropolis/freeway
- 2.0-liter turbo I4, handbook: 20/30 mpg
- 3.6-liter V6, automated: 19/29 mpg
- 3.6-liter V6, handbook: 16/28 mpg
- 6.2-liter V8, automated: 17/27 mpg
- 6.2-liter V8, handbook: 16/25 mpg
- 6.2-liter supercharged V8, handbook: 14/20 mpg
- 6.2-liter supercharged V8, automated: 13/21 mpg
Learn extra about Camaro efficiency »
2018 Camaro Inside
How Many Individuals Does the 2018 Camaro Seat?
The Camaro is obtainable as a coupe or a convertible. Each physique kinds have 4 seats. The entrance seats are comfy and supportive, and so they present ample head- and legroom, even for taller drivers and passengers. The cabin’s styling is good-looking, and the minimalist dashboard evokes the look of the early Nineteen Sixties fashions. Some inside plastics do really feel slightly low cost although.
The Camaro’s again seat is cramped and laborious to entry. It’s appropriate for smaller children, however solely on quick journeys. To make issues worse, the Camaro’s thick roof pillars and slim home windows create massive blind spots to the rear and facet of the car. This will make parking and altering lanes a chore.
Customary seating options:
- fabric seats
- power-adjustable entrance seats
Obtainable seating options:
- leather-based seats
- heated and ventilated entrance seats
- Recaro sport seats
How Many Little one Automotive Seats Match within the 2018 Chevrolet Camaro?
The Camaro has two full units of LATCH connectors for securing baby automobile seats. Among the anchors are tough to connect attributable to their location deep throughout the seat cushions. For its ease of use, the setup acquired the second-worst score of Marginal from the Insurance coverage Institute for Freeway Security.
2018 Chevrolet Camaro Options
The Camaro is obtainable with two variations of Chevy’s MyLink infotainment system: The usual model comes with a 7-inch contact display screen, whereas the upgraded system options an 8-inch contact display screen. Each are simple to make use of, thanks partly to the display screen’s sharp graphics, easy menus, and fast responses. Each additionally help Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, which permit customers to entry their smartphone apps on the display screen. You don’t need to depend on tapping the display screen for each perform both. The dashboard has a couple of buttons and knobs for the audio and local weather controls.
- Customary infotainment options: a 7-inch contact display screen, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, Bluetooth, satellite tv for pc radio, a Wi-Fi scorching spot, and two USB ports
- Obtainable infotainment options: an 8-inch contact display screen, a Bose stereo, a navigation system, a smartphone charging pad, and a Efficiency Knowledge Recorder (a forward-facing digicam for recording monitor driving footage)
- Further customary options: distant keyless entry and push-button begin
- Different accessible options: dual-zone automated local weather management and distant begin
See 2018 Chevrolet Camaro specs »
Learn extra about Camaro inside »
2018 Chevrolet Camaro Dimensions
Chevrolet Camaro Cargo Area
The Camaro coupe has simply 9.1 cubic ft of trunk area, and the Camaro convertible has a good smaller 7.3 cubic ft of area. The trunk opening is slim as nicely, which may make it laborious to load suitcases. Whereas sports activities automobiles aren’t recognized for having plenty of cargo area, opponents just like the 2018 Ford Mustang and 2018 Dodge Challenger do have extra.
These cargo dimensions are for comparative functions. There is no such thing as a substitute for visually inspecting the storage space in any automobile you’re contemplating.
2018 Chevrolet Camaro Size and Weight
- Size: 15 ft, 8 inches to fifteen ft, 10 inches
- Curb weight: 3,339 to 4,148 kilos
The place Was the 2018 Chevrolet Camaro Constructed?
Chevrolet constructed the 2018 Camaro in Michigan.
Editor’s Choice: 2020 Honda CR-V Hybrid First Review – Kelley Blue Book