2018 Honda Civic Overview
Is the 2018 Honda Civic a Good Used Automotive?
The 2018 Honda Civic is a good possibility for those who’re looking for a used automobile. Accessible in sedan, coupe, and hatchback physique kinds, the Civic packs a ton of on a regular basis practicality, but it additionally delights with a stunning inside and a enjoyable driving expertise. Few compact automobiles are this well-rounded.
Highlights for the 2018 Civic embody:
See more: 2018 honda civic sedan price
- Sporty dealing with and a snug trip
- Punchy four-cylinder engine choices
- Good gasoline financial system
- A high quality cabin with roomy seating
- Many accessible security options
The Civic solely has a couple of drawbacks, however they’re notable:
- A careless accessible contact display screen
- Hatchback has much less cargo area than some rivals
If a big cargo space is a must have, chances are you’ll wish to contemplate the roomier 2018 Kia Soul or 2018 Volkswagen Golf .
Examine the Civic, Soul, and Golf »
Why You Can Belief Us
U.S. Information Greatest Vehicles has been rating and reviewing autos since 2007, and our staff has a long time of expertise within the auto trade. Although we’re obsessed with automobiles, we’re much more dedicated to offering useful client recommendation. To keep up objectivity, we don’t settle for costly presents or journeys from automobile firms.
We’ve analyzed 40 Honda Civic opinions, in addition to laborious knowledge factors like reliability scores and value of possession estimates, that can assist you make the very best car-buying choice doable.
How A lot Is the 2018 Honda Civic?
Based mostly on listings for 2018 Honda Civic autos on our web site, the typical value is $20,400, which is typical for the category. Costs vary from $16,400 and $26,000 and range relying on the automobile’s situation, mileage, options, and site.
See the Greatest Used Automotive Offers »
How A lot Does the 2018 Honda Civic Price to Personal?
The Civic’s five-year prices for gasoline, insurance coverage, repairs, and upkeep are projected to be $21,800, or round $4,360 per 12 months. That’s about common for a compact automobile .
Is It Higher to Purchase a Used or New Civic?
The newest era of the Honda Civic contains 2016-and-newer fashions. Used 2016 , 2017 , and 2018 fashions provide most of the similar options because the 2019 Civic , however sometimes at a cheaper price. That mentioned, the 2019 mannequin now comes commonplace with the Honda Sensing bundle, a collection of energetic security options. These options have been accessible as choices in 2016 to 2018 fashions.
Learn in regards to the new Honda Civic »
Examine the 2016, 2017, and 2018 Civic »
You’ll be able to spend even much less cash and get a previous-generation Civic. These automobiles span the 2012 by means of 2015 mannequin years, and so they additionally present good gasoline financial system and spry dealing with. Nevertheless, they aren’t accessible with as many tech or security options – like Apple CarPlay or ahead collision warning – and their engine efficiency isn’t as zippy.
See the Greatest New Automotive Offers »
See the Greatest New Automotive Lease Offers »
How Dependable Is the 2018 Honda Civic?
J.D. Energy offers the 2018 Civic a predicted reliability score of three out of 5, which is about common.
Learn extra about Civic reliability »
2018 Honda Civic Remembers
There may be one security recall for the 2018 Civic:
- Electrical energy steering has a doable defect
Editor’s Choice: 2018 Audi A4 Prices, Reviews, & Pictures | U.S. News
Earlier than shopping for any used automobile, ensure that all recollects have been addressed.
See extra data on Honda Civic security recollects »
Which Used Honda Civic Trim Is Proper for Me?
The 2018 Honda Civic is obtainable in three physique kinds – sedan, coupe, and hatchback – and a dizzying variety of trim ranges. We’ve outlined the 5 hottest trims under. You may get most of those with every of the three physique kinds. Nevertheless, the LX-P trim is just accessible particular within the coupe type, and the Sport, Navi, and Sport Touring trims are solely accessible as hatchbacks.
For a lot of customers, the bottom Civic LX is a good place to begin. It presents user-friendly options, and regardless of its entry-level standing, it feels fairly upscale and well-trimmed inside.
- Honda Civic LX: The bottom mannequin LX trim is accessible in all three physique kinds, and it comes commonplace with a 5-inch show, a rearview digital camera, Bluetooth, a USB port, cruise management, distant keyless entry, material seats, and automated local weather management.
- Honda Civic EX: The EX trim is available in sedan and hatchback fashions, and it provides a 7-inch contact display screen, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, satellite tv for pc radio, an additional USB port, proximity keyless entry, push-button begin, a moonroof, heated aspect mirrors, and a blind spot digital camera system.
- Honda Civic EX-T: Sedan and coupe fashions can be found within the EX-T trim. It provides a turbocharged engine, although hatchback fashions come commonplace with this engine. Further options embody dual-zone automated local weather management, heated entrance seats, and fog lights.
- Honda Civic EX-L: The EX-L trim is available in all physique kinds, and it provides leather-based seats and a leather-wrapped steering wheel.
- Honda Civic Touring: The totally loaded Touring trim is accessible throughout all physique kinds, and it provides a navigation system and the Honda Sensing bundle, which incorporates lane departure warning, lane maintain help, adaptive cruise management, and ahead collision warning.
Honda Sensing security options can be found on decrease trims as effectively.
See 2018 Honda Civic trims and specs »
What Does Honda’s Licensed Pre-Owned Guarantee Cowl?
Honda presents two ranges of certification for its licensed pre-owned autos: HondaTrue Licensed and HondaTrue Licensed+. Each ranges include a seven-year/100,000-mile powertrain guarantee, roadside help, as much as two oil modifications throughout the first 12 months of possession, and a 90-day SiriusXM satellite tv for pc radio trial subscription.
The automobile’s mannequin 12 months determines which program and restore protection it qualifies for. HondaTrue Licensed covers autos from the 2016 by means of 2021 mannequin years. For autos nonetheless beneath the new-car guarantee, Honda extends protection to 4 years from the unique sale date or 48,000 miles. For autos exterior the new-car guarantee, Honda presents a one-year/12,000-mile restricted guarantee. HondaTrue Licensed+ is for 2019 to 2020 Hondas nonetheless beneath the new-car guarantee. Honda extends these warranties to 5 years from the unique sale date or 86,000 miles. Further advantages could also be accessible. For extra particulars, learn Honda’s guarantee web page.
In response to our evaluation, Honda’s CPO program is healthier than that provided by many different reasonably priced carmakers. Nonetheless, Chevrolet, Kia, and Hyundai have higher applications.
See the very best CPO applications »
2018 Honda Civic Security
The Insurance coverage Institute for Freeway Security gave the 2018 Civic a prime security rating of Good in all crash assessments. The Civic’s headlights obtained the bottom score of Poor for ahead visibility, however correctly outfitted fashions earned the best rating of Superior for entrance crash prevention.
The Nationwide Freeway Visitors Security Administration gave the Civic an total score of 5 out of 5 stars. Coupe fashions obtained 4 stars within the frontal crash check and 5 stars in all different assessments, however all different fashions earned 5 stars throughout the board.
Commonplace superior security options:
- rearview digital camera
Accessible superior security options:
- passenger-side blind spot digital camera (Honda LaneWatch)
- ahead collision warning with brake help
- adaptive cruise management
- lane departure warning
- lane maintain help
See Civic security scores »
2018 Honda Civic Versus the Competitors
Which Is Higher: 2018 Honda Civic or 2018 Honda Accord?
It’s powerful to go fallacious with both the Civic or the 2018 Honda Accord . Each are nice automobiles with nice dealing with, zippy engines, good gasoline financial system, and wonderful interiors. Go for the Accord if you need further seating area, as this midsize automobile has a again seat with way more legroom than what you may discover within the Civic. Nevertheless, go together with the Civic for those who’re on a tighter funds, since used fashions are sometimes inexpensive. The Civic additionally has extra physique kinds to select from, whereas the 2018 Accord is accessible solely as a sedan.
Which Is Higher: 2018 Honda Civic or 2018 Toyota Corolla?
The 2018 Toyota Corolla has its drawbacks: Its cabin supplies aren’t that good, its engine has merely enough energy, and its dealing with is sedated. The Civic is a extra fun-to-drive and upscale automobile, however the Corolla continues to be choose for those who simply need sensible transportation. The Toyota has an excellent predicted reliability score, an easy-to-use infotainment system, a clean trip, and equally good gasoline financial system.
Which Is Higher: 2018 Honda Civic or 2018 Mazda3?
The 2018 Mazda3 echoes most of the Civic’s strengths. Each of those automobiles have punchy four-cylinder engines, sporty dealing with, nice security options, and strong crash-test scores. The Civic tops the Mazda in terms of gasoline financial system, however the Mazda3 presents a greater infotainment system. Take a look at-drive each of those highly-rated compact automobiles to see which you like.
Examine the Civic, Corolla, and Mazda3 »
2018 Civic Efficiency
How Does the 2018 Honda Civic Drive?
Editor’s Choice: Top 9 All-Wheel-Drive Electric Cars to Consider | Compare.com
The Civic presents among the best driving experiences in its class. It feels light-weight and agile round turns, and its responsive steering makes it simple to park and maneuver in tight areas. The Civic’s robust brakes sluggish the automobile down confidently when crucial. The Civic’s trip high quality is spectacular, because the suspension soaks up bumps and dips within the street comfortably but nonetheless gives drivers with an correct really feel for the street floor.
The usual four-cylinder engine is energetic, and it’s greater than able to zipping the automobile round city and scooting it as much as freeway speeds directly. The accessible turbocharged engine feels much more refined. It has extra muscle when pulling away from a cease, and it provides further punch for climbing hills or passing different autos. The six-speed handbook transmission is crisp and pleasing to shift. The repeatedly variable automated transmission (CVT) could be very slick, and it responds rapidly.
If you happen to’re on the lookout for excessive efficiency, contemplate the Honda Civic Si and Sort R fashions. These turbocharged variants blast in control assertively and slice round turns with glorious stability. Each are outfitted with a limited-slip entrance differential, upgraded brakes, and bigger alloy wheels.
- Base engine: 2.0-liter four-cylinder with 158 horsepower
- Accessible engines:
- 174-horsepower 1.5-liter turbo four-cylinder
- 205-horsepower 1.5-liter turbo four-cylinder (Si mannequin solely)
- 306-horsepower turbo 2.0-liter four-cylinder (Sort R solely)
- Drivetrain: front-wheel drive
- Transmission : commonplace six-speed handbook; accessible repeatedly variable automated (CVT)
Does the 2018 Honda Civic Get Good Fuel Mileage?
The Civic will get nice gasoline financial system for a compact automobile. That mentioned, the racy Honda Civic Sort R mannequin isn’t as environment friendly.
- 2.0-liter four-cylinder, CVT: about 31/40 mpg metropolis/freeway
- 2.0-liter four-cylinder, six-speed handbook: about 28/40 mpg
- 1.5 turbo four-cylinder, CVT automated: about 32/42 mpg
- 1.5 turbo four-cylinder, six-speed handbook: about 31/42 mpg
- 1.5 turbo four-cylinder (Civic Si), six-speed handbook: 28/38 mpg
- 2.0 turbo four-cylinder (Sort R), six-speed handbook: 22/28 mpg
Learn extra about Civic efficiency »
2018 Civic Inside
How Many Folks Does the 2018 Civic Seat?
The 2018 Civic is accessible in three physique kinds: a two-door coupe, a four-door sedan, and a four-door hatchback. All fashions have 5 seats aside from the Sort R, which seats 4.
The Civic’s entrance seats are snug and supportive, and the driving place is stress-free even on longer street journeys. There’s beneficiant head- and legroom for adults in each rows of the sedan and hatchback fashions, however the coupe’s rear seats are a bit brief on headroom. Youthful youngsters and teenagers ought to match simply effective although.
Total, the Civic’s inside is elegantly styled and trimmed with high quality supplies. The cabin does let in some engine and street noise, particularly at freeway speeds, however that is frequent for a compact automobile.
Commonplace seating options:
- material seats
Accessible seating options:
- leather-based upholstery
- heated entrance and rear seats
- bolstered sport seats (Sort R)
How Many Little one Automotive Seats Match within the 2018 Honda Civic?
The Civic has two full units of LATCH connectors for securing baby automobile seats. This setup is user-friendly total, although a number of the anchors are situated deep within the seat cushions.
2018 Honda Civic Options
The Civic’s infotainment system is without doubt one of the automobile’s few downside areas. Most fashions are outfitted with the HondaLink system with the 7-inch contact display screen. It has a smooth look and helps the favored Apple CarPlay and Android Auto apps, however it may be very distracting to make use of whereas driving. The on-screen menus are complicated, and response instances are a bit sluggish. There isn’t a quantity knob both; as a substitute, you must swipe up or down on the display screen.
The usual 5-inch show is much more user-friendly, with easy buttons and knobs on either side of the display screen.
- Commonplace infotainment options: a 5-inch show, Bluetooth, a USB port, and 4 audio system
- Accessible infotainment options: a 7-inch contact display screen, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, a navigation system, satellite tv for pc radio, an additional USB port, and an upgraded stereo (eight to 12 audio system)
- Further commonplace options: distant keyless entry and automated local weather management
- Different accessible options: proximity keyless entry, push-button begin, distant begin, dual-zone automated local weather management, and a moonroof
See 2018 Honda Civic specs »
Learn extra about Civic inside »
2018 Honda Civic Dimensions
Honda Civic Cargo House
The Civic sedan has a 15.1-cubic-foot trunk, whereas the Civic coupe presents a 12.1-cubic-foot trunk. These measurements are about common for the compact automobile class .
The Civic hatchback presents 25.7 cubic toes of cargo area behind its rear seats and 46.2 cubic toes with these seats folded. That’s fairly spacious, although a couple of hatchbacks just like the 2018 Hyundai Elantra GT and 2018 Subaru Impreza provide extra room.
These cargo dimensions are for comparative functions. There is no such thing as a substitute for visually inspecting the storage space in any automobile you’re contemplating.
2018 Honda Civic Size and Weight
- Size: 14 toes, 8 inches to fifteen toes, 2 inches
- Curb weight: 2,739 to three,117 kilos
The place Was the 2018 Honda Civic Constructed?
Honda constructed the 2018 Civic at factories in the US, the UK, and Canada.
Editor’s Choice: Mietwagen in Sofia | Top Rent A Car Bulgaria