Air fryer steak creates a perfectly seared and tender steak with all the flavors of traditional cooking methods, minus the mess and cleanup. Each bite is expertly seasoned and incredibly juicy. Once you try this method, you’ll never go back!
Why You Should Make Steak in an Air Fryer
Making steak in an air fryer may seem impossible, but with a little workaround, you can achieve the best of both worlds – a flavorful sear and minimal cleanup. The air fryer contains all the mess within its small basket, so there’s no grease splatter. It’s truly the best way to cook a steak!
What is an air fryer?
An air fryer is a small countertop appliance that uses high heat and rapidly circulating air to give food a “fried” texture without the need for oil. It’s a healthier cooking method compared to deep-frying. If you haven’t tried one yet, I highly recommend it. Start with steak in the air fryer and experience the difference!
I know grills and pans are usually the go-to for beef, but once you try steak in an air fryer, you’ll be hooked!
There’s Less Cleanup and Mess
A good steak can be fatty, resulting in oils and splatter as it cooks. With the air fryer, all the splatter and messes are contained within the basket. After cooking, simply place the air fryer basket in the dishwasher and you’re done!
Minimal Cooking Equipment Needed
You’ll also love the minimal cooking equipment needed for this method. The steak can be cooked and rested within the air fryer cooking basket, so there’s no need for extra dishes. It’s as convenient as it gets!
Perfectly Cooked Steak
Most importantly, steak in an air fryer tastes amazing. You can still achieve a perfect sear, so you won’t compromise on flavor with this quick and easy method.
Tips for Cooking Steak in an Air Fryer:
- Bring steaks to room temperature before starting. This helps the heat penetrate the steak evenly.
- Check the internal temperature with a thermometer for perfectly cooked steak. The temperature will depend on your preferred doneness.
- Make the herb butter ahead of time to speed up the process, if using. It’s optional but highly recommended!
How to Make Herb Butter
Herb butter adds a wow factor to any steak. It’s super simple to make and elevates the flavor. Here’s how:
- In a bowl, combine softened butter, parsley, dill, pressed garlic, and red pepper flakes until thoroughly mixed.
- Scoop small mounds (about 1 tsp worth) onto a plate lined with parchment paper, spacing them evenly. Alternatively, roll the mixture into a log wrapped with plastic wrap, then slice and use.
- Freeze until ready to use.
How to Make Air Fryer Steak – Recipe at a Glance
For detailed recipe instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of the post. It’s incredibly simple and you’ll be amazed at the results!
Air Fryer Steak Ingredients:
- Steak – use your favorite type, about 1 1/2″ – 2″ inches thick.
- Mayo or oil – any neutral-flavored oil or mayonnaise will work.
- Steak seasoning – Montreal steak seasoning is recommended, but any steak seasoning will do.
- Smoked Paprika – enhances browning and flavor.
Step by Step Directions:
- Bring steaks to room temperature.
- Season one side of the steak.
- Prepare the air fryer by adding the rack to elevate the steaks. Place the steaks seasoned side down on the rack.
- Repeat the process with oil, smoked paprika, and steak seasoning on the other side.
How Long to Cook Steak in the Air Fryer
Refer to the recipe card for precise cooking times based on your desired level of doneness.
FAQs About Air Fryer Steak
Find answers to frequently asked questions about air fryer steak at the bottom of the post.
More Air Fryer Recipes:
- 10-Minute Air Fryer Salmon
- Air Fryer French Fries
- Air Fryer Pork Chops Recipe
- Breakfast Potatoes in the Air Fryer
For the full recipe and more information on air fryer steak, visit Ratingperson.