This delightful Pistachio Pudding Trifle is a treat for the senses. With layers of fluffy angel food cake, creamy pistachio pudding, luscious whipped cream, and a delightful mix of toasted coconut and pecans, it’s a dessert that will impress your friends and family.
A Gorgeous Dessert for Any Occasion
The vibrant green color of this trifle dessert makes it perfect for St. Patrick’s Day or a refreshing treat during springtime. Its cool and refreshing nature also makes it an ideal choice for summer cookouts. Rest assured, it will be a hit wherever you serve it.
We love how easy it is to create this dessert masterpiece. Plus, you can customize it with different variations to suit your taste and preferences. Let us guide you through making a no-bake version and show you how to prepare it ahead of time.
Pistachio Pudding Dessert: Ingredients and Creative Twists
Angel Food Cake: You can use a cake mix, your favorite recipe, or purchase a pre-made angel food cake. For a thicker and denser layer, try using pound cake. Alternatively, you can experiment with a chocolate cake or chocolate brownie. Simply replace the coconut with chocolate cookie crumbs in this case.
Pistachio Pudding: Opt for instant pudding to save time.
Coconut: We recommend using shredded coconut along with toasted chopped pecans for a delightful crunch. However, if you prefer, you can eliminate the coconut and use all pecans or substitute it with crumbled cookies like vanilla wafers.
Pecans: Toasted pecans combined with coconut add a lovely flavor dimension. Feel free to substitute them with another type of chopped nuts or eliminate them altogether.
Whole Milk: We find that using full-fat whole milk gives the pudding a thicker consistency. However, you can experiment with different milk replacements if desired.
Whipping Cream: Homemade whipped cream adds a luxurious texture and flavor to this dessert. If you prefer a quicker option, you can use prepared whipped topping.
Sugar: Sweeten your whipped cream with a touch of sugar. Confectioners powdered sugar works well too. If using prepared whipped topping, you can omit the sugar.
Vanilla extract: Use pure vanilla extract to enhance the flavor of your whipped cream. However, if using prepared whipped topping, you can skip the vanilla.
Quick & Easy No-Bake Trifle Dessert Recipe
If you’re short on time or simply prefer a hassle-free option, follow these three quick steps:
- Purchase pre-made cake.
- Get prepared whipped topping.
- Toasting the coconut and pecan mixture is optional; you can also use crushed pre-made cookies.
How to Create a Pistachio Pudding Trifle Dessert
- Start by baking the angel food cake. Once cooled, tear or cut it into 1 to 2-inch pieces.
- In a bowl, combine milk and instant pudding mix using an electric mixer until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Allow it to chill for 15 minutes to set.
- For the whipped cream layer, add heavy whipping cream to the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat until soft peaks form, gradually adding sugar and vanilla. Mix until the peaks stand on the end of the whisk attachment without collapsing.
- In a skillet, combine coconut and chopped pecans. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until browned. Remove the mixture from the pan to prevent burning.
How to Assemble the Pistachio Pudding Dessert
- Add 1/3 of the cake pieces to the bottom of a trifle bowl.
- Spoon 1/3 of the pistachio pudding over the cake layer.
- Top the pudding with 1/3 of the whipped topping.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of the toasted coconut-pecan mixture over the whipped topping.
- Repeat these layers two more times.
Note: For the final layer, sprinkle the toasted coconut-pecan mixture right before serving to maintain its delightful crunch.
Pro Tips for the Perfect Pistachio Pudding Trifle
- For optimal flavor, we recommend making your pistachio pudding trifle the day before and allowing it to sit in the refrigerator. This will give the layers time to blend and meld together.
- Ensure all the ingredients are cool before assembling the trifle. Prepare the cake and pudding earlier in the day, and assemble it before bedtime.
- While making the whipped topping in advance is fine, be cautious not to over-whip it. To achieve the best results, use a chilled bowl and an electric stand mixer with the whisk attachment. Stop beating when soft peaks form at the end of your whisk attachment.
- Store the trifle in the refrigerator, covered with plastic wrap, to prevent the development of a film or crust.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you enjoyed this recipe, here are a few more delightful desserts you might want to try:
- Chocolate Trifle: One of our most popular trifle recipes!
- Strawberry Cheesecake Salad: A clever twist on a salad.
- Lemon Ice Cream: A taste of summer on the porch.
- Fruit Trifle with Fruit Cocktail: A no-fuss trifle dessert.
- Raspberry Daiquiri Pie: Creamy pie with a hint of booze!
- Lemon Icebox Pie: Refreshing and delicious.
An electric stand mixer or handheld mixer will make preparing this recipe much easier. Additionally, a beautiful trifle bowl is ideal for showcasing those gorgeous layers. If you don’t have one, a large glass bowl will also work well. Trifle bowls are versatile and can be used for layered salads, pasta salads, or mixed fruit dishes.
For a fun twist, try making individual trifle desserts by layering the ingredients in dessert glasses or even mason jars.
Pin it for Later!
Enjoy this heavenly Pistachio Pudding Trifle Dessert! For more incredible recipes, visit Ratingperson.