Breakfast potatoes are identical to your traditional diner-style dwelling fries which can be heat and crispy with completely browned edges. With just a few easy seasonings and spices, these tasty potatoes shall be a welcome addition to your breakfast unfold.
Nothing is extra satisfying than digging right into a pile of breakfast potatoes alongside some fried eggs, bacon, and sauteed greens. However you higher dig in quick as a result of these breakfast potatoes disappear quick!
Completely seasoned with dried herbs and spices, these breakfast potatoes are straightforward to make with just a few easy methods, akin to parboiling the potatoes for that buttery tender inside, and frying in a skillet for that addictively crispy exterior. Oh sure, these are a winner for positive.
Breakfast Potato Components
Gotta love easy substances that remodel into superb taste. Right here’s what you’ll want:
- Potatoes: Decide up some good Yukon Golds for the most effective texture. You may peel them for a fancier presentation, or use them unpeeled for a extra rustic look.
- Onions: Sauteed onions add earthy, but subtly candy taste and that traditional texture.
- Dried spices: Garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper are a should!
- Contemporary herbs: I really like so as to add chopped parsley with the potatoes simply earlier than serving.
Ought to You Boil Potatoes Earlier than Frying?
Once I got down to make this recipe, I began by dicing the potatoes and tossing them right into a sizzling skillet with oil and spices. Nevertheless, it didn’t give me the creamy inside and crunchy exterior.
So I attempted parboiling the potatoes first, then searing them within the sizzling skillet. Low and behold, this helped create the contrasting texture I used to be on the lookout for – tender on the within, crispy on the surface.
In different phrases, sure, it’s best to boil your potatoes earlier than frying.
How To Make Breakfast Skillet Potatoes
To start out prepping, peel and cube the potatoes into 1/2 inch chunks. Then observe alongside under.
- Boil the potatoes. Add the potatoes right into a pot of chilly water, cowl, and convey it to a boil for about 5 minutes.
- Prepare dinner the potatoes. Warmth the oil in your forged iron and and unfold the potatoes out right into a flat layer. However cook dinner them undisturbed for about 5 minutes to get that golden brown pores and skin.
- Add the seasoning. Slowly saute the potatoes with the onion, garlic, garlic powder, and paprika for about 5-10 minutes.
- Serve. Take away the pan from the warmth, season with salt and pepper, and garnish with chopped parsley.
Methods To Eat These Crispy Breakfast Potatoes
Whether or not it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, there’s a large number of the way to serve these potatoes.
- Create a traditional American breakfast plate with a aspect of fried or scrambled eggs and baked bacon.
- Serve them alongside my wholesome egg muffins to amp up the earlier choice.
- Toss them right into a breakfast hash with sautéed kale, spinach, and fried eggs on prime.
Storing and Reheating Leftovers
Like most crispy potatoes, these are greatest eaten instantly. However For those who do have leftovers, right here’s the way to retailer them.
- To Retailer: Place cooled potatoes in an hermetic container and retailer for as much as 2 days within the fridge.
- To Reheat: Reheat within the microwave till sizzling. Or for a extra crisp texture, cook dinner them in a skillet on medium warmth with a tablespoon of oil till warmed by.
Extra Simple Potato Recipes
Identical to candy potatoes, common brown or white spuds are simply as versatile and straightforward to remodel into easy and scrumptious recipes.
- Garlic Herb Roasted Potatoes
- Scalloped Potatoes
- Finest Mashed Potatoes
- Basic Potato Salad
Need extra breakfast recipes? Take a look at these 40+ straightforward wholesome breakfast concepts!