This traditional French Toast recipe is so scrumptious, straightforward to make and ideal for breakfast or brunch! Benefit from the BEST French toast in minutes with this recipe and useful suggestions!
This traditional French Toast is a recipe that I completely like to make – particularly on a lazy weekend morning. There’s simply one thing particular about this wealthy and scrumptious French Toast drizzled with heat maple syrup! And I’ve been making it for thus lengthy that I’ve perfected the steps in order that it’s so straightforward. Whether or not I’m making it for a crowd of weekend friends or for simply the three of us, I can have it on the desk in minutes!
See more: Best french toast
French toast simply has such a approach of beginning the morning off in one of the best ways. Paired with a bowl of contemporary fruit, a number of slices of bacon, and drizzle of maple syrup, and this can be a meal that can fill their spirits as a lot as their our bodies.
Traditional French Toast
I’ve been making this traditional French Toast recipe for so long as I can bear in mind. I like that it makes the very best French Toast with only a few components that you would be able to customise to your tastes! There are a number of primary components that you simply’ll want.
What are the Elements for French Toast?
- Bread – I present a number of choices for our favourite bread to make use of beneath.
- Eggs – you’ll need giant eggs for this recipe
- Milk – you should use your favourite milk or milk various on this recipe if you wish to make your French toast with out milk.
- Salt – add a pinch of salt to stability the flavors and sweetness
- Sweetener – you positively have choices for the sweetener to make use of primarily based in your private preferences.
- Flavorings – I like to incorporate vanilla extract and floor cinnamon for a traditional French toast taste. You’ll be able to omit the cinnamon, if you happen to favor or add extra for a extra pronounced cinnamon French Toast.
- Butter – melted on the griddle for cooking after which add a pat for serving, if desired.
- Maple syrup – actual maple syrup is required in our household for the proper French toast! You may also use a fruit syrup like my blackberry syrup if you happen to favor.
What’s the Greatest Bread for French Toast?
I’ve somewhat secret, regardless that I like French toast made with challah bread or thick slices of Sally Lunn bread, it’s completely scrumptious and really easy with slices of our favourite sandwich bread. Use no matter you’ve got readily available!
- Challah bread
- Sourdough bread
- Sally Lunn bread
- Texas Toast
- French Bread
- Sandwich bread
What Milk to Use for French Toast
I’ve one other little tip, too. I do love French toast that has been made with heavy cream, however it’s simply advantageous made with no matter milk I’ve the fridge, too.
- Heavy Cream
- Half and Half
- Complete Milk
- Skim Milk
Editor’s Choice: The Best Foods for Kidney Health | Prospect Medical Systems
You may also use dairy-free milk alternate options for making this French toast recipe. I like to make use of completely different ones relying on who I’m serving. As an illustration, one household buddy isn’t capable of have dairy or almonds, so I exploit oat milk for theirs. They all the time find it irresistible! The flavour might change barely relying on the milk choice that you simply use.
- Coconut Milk
- Almond Milk
- Oat Milk
What Sweeteners to Use for French Toast
I’ve examined this recipe utilizing numerous sweeteners with nice success. It’s scrumptious utilizing maple syrup, honey, and coconut sugar in addition to confectioner’s and granulated sugar. The flavour profile will change barely primarily based on the sweetener that you simply use. For instance, utilizing maple syrup will give a touch of maple taste to the recipe (which is scrumptious when served with maple syrup!)
- Maple Syrup
- Coconut Sugar
- Granulated Sugar
- Confectioner’s Sugar
Tips on how to Make Simple French Toast Recipe
- Whisk. To avoid wasting on dishes and cleanup, I whisk collectively the eggs, milk of alternative, sweetener, vanilla, and cinnamon proper into shallow dish that I’ll use to dip my bread in.
- Dip. As soon as I’ve whisked the egg combination collectively nicely, I place my bread slice in on one facet after which shortly flip it over to the opposite facet since some sandwich breads will take up the liquid tremendous shortly. You’ll need to ensure that you might be dipping your bread and never leaving for any time to soak in order that the bread doesn’t take up an excessive amount of liquid. Ensure that to comply with this in order that your bread doesn’t get too moist. This can stop your French toast from changing into soggy.
- Cook dinner. As soon as each side of the bread are coated with the liquid, I place them into the skillet with melted butter set over medium warmth. They solely take a couple of minutes to prepare dinner, about 2 to three minutes on all sides.
- Serve. Serve instantly together with your syrup of alternative. I additionally like to serve with fruit like blueberries and strawberries.
Like I’ve talked about, my recipe will be made with easy components that almost all of you’ll have readily available. I like that it’s this straightforward! It takes the stress off of me from considering that I’ve to have actual components in my home to have the ability to make a household favourite breakfast or brunch. As a result of, let’s face it, generally I get up and simply know that this scrumptious breakfast recipe can be an effective way to welcome the morning.
With only a few primary components that I all the time have readily available, I do know I can whip up this scrumptious recipe that my household will love!
Make-Forward French Toast
You’ll be able to completely make this recipe forward of time.
- As much as 30 Minutes: Put together the cooked French toast and place in a single layer onto a baking sheet and maintain in a 250º F oven for as much as half-hour.
- As much as 24 Hours: Put together the French toast batter and place into an hermetic container within the fridge as much as 24 hours. When able to prepare dinner, stir the batter to mix nicely after which proceed with the recipe as written.
- As much as 3 Months: See the freezer directions to comply with.
Tips on how to Freeze French Toast
Prepare in a single layer on a baking sheet and place into the freezer till firmly frozen, about half-hour. Retailer the slices in a freezer-safe zip high or different hermetic container for as much as 3 months.
Editor’s Choice: Best and Worst Breads for Type 2 Diabetes | Everyday Health
To serve from frozen, you should use both of the next strategies to reheat French Toast.
- Oven Technique. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet and canopy with foil. Bake in 350º F oven for 10 minutes till scorching.
- Toaster Technique. Reheat in a toaster oven till heated all through.
Cinnamon French Toast Recipe
Whereas this recipe already consists of cinnamon, to make this recipe as a Cinnamon French Toast, you’ll merely improve the quantity of cinnamon within the recipe to 1 ½ – 2 teaspoons floor cinnamon.
Extra Breakfast and Brunch Favorites:
There are a lot of delicious breakfast and brunch recipes
- Baked Blueberry French Toast
- Simple Eggs Benedict
- Excellent Buttermilk Pancakes
- Buttermilk Waffles
Right here’s my Greatest French Toast Recipe. It makes a traditional breakfast or brunch recipe that everybody loves! I feel you’ll find it irresistible, too!
Take pleasure in!Robyn xo
From the Add a Pinch recipe archives, initially revealed 2014.
Editor’s Choice: Avocado Toast Recipe (Plus Tips & Variations) – Cookie and Kate