Who can resist the allure of chocolate-covered cherries? This delectable shot brings the same irresistible flavor with an added twist of grown-up fun, especially during holiday festivities.
This post marks the ninth installment of my enchanting “12 Shots of Christmas” series. On the ninth day of Christmas, my true love surprised me with not one, but twelve delightful shots: the Chocolate-Covered Cherry shot, Nutcracker shot, Tootsie Roll shot, Eggnog shot, After Eight shot, Snowball shot, Black Forest Cake shot, Chocolate Raspberry Kiss shot, and a shot playfully named Peppermint Patty!
It’s safe to say that this shot is universally adored. At least everyone I’ve served it to has fallen in love with its rich flavor. Many shots bear names that reflect their taste, but this one truly lives up to its name by delivering the enchanting essence of a chocolate-covered cherry.
Of all the shots I had my niece, Elizabeth, taste test for me, the chocolate-covered cherry shot won her heart and taste buds!
- If you want to layer this shot, you can use either a cocktail spoon or a regular iced coffee teaspoon. For the thin, tall shot glass, I found that the iced coffee teaspoon works best as the cocktail spoon is too wide for it.
- Always ensure the spoon’s bowl is facing up and pressed against the side of the glass.
- To achieve perfect layering, consider using a pourer to control the flow. However, keep in mind that when using a pourer, measurements become approximate since the liquids flow straight from the bottle without being measured.
- As with all layered shots, begin by pouring the heaviest liquor at the bottom and work your way up to the lightest.
How to Craft the Chocolate-Covered Cherry Shot
This recipe is designed for a single shot. If you’re looking to serve multiple shots, feel free to double or triple the recipe.
Gather the necessary ingredients: grenadine, Kahlúa, and Baileys. Don’t forget to grab a cocktail spoon and the shot glass.
Pour half an ounce of grenadine into the shot glass, filling it approximately one-third of the way.
Carefully place the spoon with the bowl facing up against the side of the glass. Slowly pour half an ounce of Kahlúa over the spoon’s bowl, allowing it to flow into the glass. Now, the glass should be filled to approximately two-thirds.
Next, return the spoon to the glass and gently layer half an ounce of Baileys on top of the previous layers. This will bring your shot glass to its deliciously full capacity.
Take a moment to admire the beauty of this shot.
Once you’re ready, raise the glass and savor the divine combination of flavors.
Trust me, this shot is pure bliss. I sincerely hope you thoroughly enjoy this tantalizing chocolate-covered cherry shot recipe.
Other Popular, Fruity Cocktails
If you’re hankering for more fruity delights, here are some other highly sought-after cocktail ideas for you to explore:
- Ruby Red Grapefruit Cocktail
- Apple Cider Margarita
- Cranberry Cosmo
- Watermelon Cosmo
As always, I wish you a truly delightful experience with all your creations!
If you’ve given this recipe or any other featured on the blog a try, please share your thoughts and feedback in the comments below. I genuinely value and appreciate your input! For even more mouthwatering food and captivating cocktail content, don’t forget to check out Ratingperson on Ratingperson. And remember, life is better with good food and good friends!