MS Disney Wish ship has 1238 staterooms, most of which are the midship-located Balconies. All cabins and suites are well planned and equipped with the cruise industry’s latest amenities.
Like on all DCL ships, passenger staterooms on Disney Wish by sizes are ranked among the industry’s largest standard cabins, designed to easily accommodate four people. Cabins are with ample storage space, lounge/living area and split bathrooms (1 room with shower-bathtub-sink-WC, and separate toilet-sink). Beds on are raised to allow underbed storage for 2 medium-sized suitcases. Each cabin has as standard amenities 2 mirrored vanities with chairs, 22-inch smart HDTV (satellite reception, infotainment system), iPod docking station, 2 rechargeable “Wave Phones” (for shipwide use).
Most Disney Wish cabins (~90%) are outside (Suites, Balconies, Oceanviews). Cabin categories include three “Guaranteed” categories: VGT-Balcony, OGT-Oceanview, IGT-Inside. One of the ship’s largest staterooms are the Royal Suites, featuring a separate living room, wet bar, kitchenette (small cooking/dining area), media library, outdoor/balcony Jacuzzi.
Handicap staterooms (wheelchair-accessible cabins) are 35 total and in the following categories:
- 1C (1-Story Royal Suite) room #10166
- 2B (1-Bedroom Suite) room #13510
- 3A (Concierge Family Verandah) room #13028
- 3B (Concierge Family Oceanview) room #11504
- 4C (Deluxe Family Verandah) rooms #6106-6108-7106-7108-7602-7604-8104-8106-8602-8604
- 5C (Deluxe Verandah) rooms #6026-6200-6524-7196-7198-7692-7694
- 5B (Deluxe Verandah) rooms #8190-8194-8688-8692-9180-9680-9682
- 8C (Deluxe Family Oceanview) rooms #7510-7512
- 9B (Deluxe Oceanview) room#2062
- 9D (Deluxe Oceanview) rooms#6006-6504
- 11C (Standard Inside) room#2559
- 11A (Standard Inside) room#9175
Follows the review of MS Disney Wish staterooms as furniture, amenities and included (complimentary) services.
All standard cabins have Queen-size double bed (convertible to twin beds, wooden frames), wall-mounted reading lamps and bedside cabinets, ample under-bed storage space (for suitcases), Posturepedic Sealy mattresses, deluxe bedding sets (Frette Egyptian cotton linens/100%), spacious wardrobe (full-length mirror), full bathroom (glass door, single-sink vanity, bathtub, WC-toilet, glass shower, hairdryer, premium bath towels), H20+ spa products (by the brand “H2O Plus” / shampoo, conditioner, moisturizing body butter), living area separated by a curtain (with double sofabed, mirrored vanity table/desk with chair, built-in drawer dresser), 43-inch smart HDTV (infotainment system), USB-charging ports, refrigerator/drawer mini-bar, electronic safe box and lifejackets (in the closet), direct-dial phone (voice mail), LED-lighted full mirror, individual air-conditioning.
Most staterooms are quads and furnished with double beds (convertible), single sofabeds, 1x upper bunk or 1x Murphy bed (wall bed/pull-down bed). “Family cabins” are with King-size beds (non-convertible), single sofabeds and bunk beds (Pullman) and accommodate up to 5 passengers. A heavy curtain divides the living/sleeping areas.
All Suite passengers enjoy the following perks (bonus amenities and services): Disney-themed artworks, marble-top bathrooms (upgraded bath products, robes/slippers), luxury mattresses and bedding sets (including feather duvets, pillow menu), daily in-cabin dining (canapes, fresh fruits), console gaming table, 2 large HDTVs, BlueRay/DVD /CD player (with media library), board games, priority services (check-in, DCL cruise itinerary ports of call tendering), access to exclusive areas (Concierge Lounge and sun deck), free Internet, pre-dinner cocktails. Suite passengers also enjoy concierge services: (DCL cruise shore excursions booking, specialty dining-nursery-spa reservations, special requests, private parties/celebrations planning and assistance, in-room dining (all main restaurants menus).
- Royal Suites have a master bedroom (plus hidden in the wall double pull-down and single pull-down bed), master bathroom (dual sinks, closet, whirlpool bathtub), large living room, dining area (pantry, wet bar), guest bathroom (shower, sink, WC), floor-ceiling windows, wrap-around private balcony (whirlpool bathtub).
- 1-Bedroom Suites have a master bedroom/bathroom, living room (double sofa bed /convertible), dining room, guest bathroom, expanded balcony.
Concierge Suites and Concierge Family Cabins offer direct access to the ship’s concierge-served facilities (1 small lounge, private sundeck area with chairs, free food and drinks). Most 1-Bedroom Suites are with connecting doors, Queen bed (convertible to twins), sitting/lounge area with double sofabed, 1 pull-down bed (in the living room), walk-in closet, 2 bathrooms (one with a whirlpool hot-tub).
All balcony staterooms feature a private step-out veranda accessed via sliding glass doors (kid-proof locks), plexiglass railings, outdoor deck furniture (2 chairs, 1 small table). Categories 6A-6B have wall balconies, while categories 5A-5B-5C are plexiglass. Family Verandahs are with concierge service and have a Queen-size bed (or 2 twin beds), a hidden bunk bed, a larger living area (convertible sofabed), split bathroom. Category 4E cabins are with expanded balconies (twice bigger than standard balconies) but are open to views from above.
Most Oceanview staterooms have a Large Round Window (Porthole/non-opening). Of those, categories 9C-9D are with obstructed views (due to lifeboats). Family Oceanview (category 3B) is the largest.
DCL’s innovative Inside Cabin features (industry’s first) “Magical Portholes” – large, round-shaped LCD screens (positioned above the beds) projecting real-time outside views which are provided by the ship’s cameras. Veranda Cabin’s balcony is fitted with 2 deckchairs and a low table.
Wish Tower Suite
In mid-May 2021 DCL introduced the “Wish Tower Suite” – the fleet’s (and the industry’s) first-of-its-kind loft suite integrated into the forward funnel/smokestack. The unique accommodation is sized 1965 ft2 (183 m2) and with interior design inspired by Walt Disney’s 3D animation film “Moana” (2016).
- The Wish Tower Suite accommodates up to 8 passengers and features 2x master bedrooms, 4x full bathrooms, half-bath (powder room), library (converting to a bedroom), kids’ room (with built-in bunkbeds). The living room (on the lower level) is flanked by an open dining area, a pantry, and a bar, all offering unique views across the ship’s upper decks through a 2-story window wall.
- The master bedrooms are both on the Penthouse’s upper level and have walk-in closets, King-size double beds, floor-ceiling windows (overlooking the living area below). The main bathrooms each have rain-head showers, double-sink vanities, spa bathtubs.
- The Penthouse’s piece de resistance is a hand-crafted porcelain sculpture coming alive. When passengers enter the room, they find the statue pulsing in hues of green amid soft chimes recalling the movie’s soundtrack, revealing as the heart of Te Fiti. The Suite’s magical experience also includes special lighting and sound effects to provide a one-of-a-kind greeting.
- Wish Tower Suite is designed with Disney-style iconography, custom-made artworks and ornaments, and materials themed on Moana’s Oceania world. The predominant color patterns are soft white and calm blue. The film-inspired interior decorations also include a custom-made canvas piece with Moana sailing on the sea, dimensional props (Moana’s village), and a sculpture composed of shiny objects (interpretation of the collector crab Tamatoa’s dazzling collection). The kids’ room features a sparkling constellation pattern lighting up the ceiling.
The “Category 1A” loft suite’s guests can expect royal service from a dedicated concierge team, an array of curated experiences, a selection of daily treats, private elevator access. Wish Tower Suite’s amenities include premium bedding (plush Frette duvets, top-quality cotton linens), a deluxe pillow menu (feather-, therapeutic- and memory-foam hypoallergenic pillows), terry robes and bath towels, motorized sheer shades and curtains, a wet-bar (fully stocked with bottled water and sodas), complimentary Wi-Fi Internet access, VIP access to the Concierge Lounge and an exclusive Sundeck (with 2 Jacuzzis, a Bar, a children’s wading pool, premium padded lounge furniture, a dedicated pool deck host service.