Google Chrome’s default New Tab page includes a search box and displays thumbnail shortcuts for users’ most visited sites.
However, what if users don’t really need the most visited websites included at the bottom of Chrome’s New Tab page?
There are a few ways users can remove those thumbnail shortcuts from the New Tab page, but Chrome doesn’t include an option to turn them off within its Settings tab.
Keep in mind that our previously mentioned tips and solutions may be easily applied by all those looking for ways to:
- Hide most visited sites in new tab page/Chrome extension – Assuming that’s your main concern, rest assured that you can delete the browser’s data or turn Off the Top Sites from Site Engagement Setting.
- Remove most visited sites in Chrome – Another quick fix to consider is adding the Remove Most Visited Pages Extension to Chrome.
- Disable most visited sites in Chrome Android – To do so, you just need to tap and hold the website’s icon until a new window pops up. Then, just select Remove in the pop-up window.
- Chrome doesn’t show recent sites – If that’s an issue you often face, consider switching to a different browser. Unlike Chrome, Opera’s Top Sites always holds the web pages you visit most often.
Let’s take a closer look at how you can remove top sites in Chrome, with or without using commands such as chrome://newtab/#most_visited.
When it comes to keeping web pages truly organized, there is no better option than Opera One. As expected, the Home screen includes Top Sites, a section with the web pages you most often.
Unlike what happens in Chrome, you can keep tabs on related subjects in the same workspace, so you’ll never spend too much time looking for a tab again. And you can even keep relevant pages in one place.
How do I see my most visited sites?
This can easily be done from the Settings section of your Chrome browser, as we are about to show you right now.
- Click on the three dots in the top right corner and access Settings.
- Access the Privacy & Security tab, then Site settings.
- Click on View permissions and data stored across sites.
- Sort by Most Visited.
How do I change my most visited sites?
You should know that customizing the Most visited section of the New Tab page for Google Chrome is simple and also quick.
Just hover your mouse cursor over a thumbnail that belongs to each website to display two commonly used options like Pin and Remove.
How do I stop Google Chrome from showing the most visited sites?
How to remove Top Sites from Google Chrome Android
- Open Chrome on your device and tap the address bar.
- Type the chrome://flags and press Enter.
- Tap on the Search flags and enter Explore websites.
- In the dropdown, switch from Enabled/Default to Disabled.
So, that’s all you need to know on removing the most visited sites in Chrome, on the New Tab page. Alternatively, users could add New Tab page extensions to Chrome instead to remove frequently visited pages in Chrome.
Extensions like Infinity New Tab give users more customizable New Tab pages that don’t include most visited site shortcuts.
Besides, to perform a disturbance-free search, you may turn off trending searches on Google.