These succulent Grilled Garlic Parmesan Chicken Breasts are not only quick and easy to make, but they are also bursting with flavor. With just a few minutes of preparation, you can enjoy a perfect summer entree that pairs well with grilled veggies, baked potatoes, or a refreshing salad.
Juicy Parmesan Grilled Chicken
Whoever said grilled chicken breast had to be dull and dry? Certainly not us! We simplify the grilling process by using a touch of oil and seasoning on these chicken breasts. Once cooked, we generously coat them in a luscious buttery garlic Parmesan sauce while they are still piping hot. This simple technique ensures the chicken remains tender and juicy.
To achieve optimal results, we recommend using a preheated grill set to high heat. Cook the chicken breasts for just the right amount of time on each side, then allow them to rest for 2-3 minutes after saucing. This allows the flavors to meld and the juices to redistribute, resulting in mouthwatering chicken that can be enjoyed on its own, in sandwiches, salads, or even on kabobs. The versatility of this recipe is perfect for year-round enjoyment.
If grilling isn’t your preference, worry not. We also provide step-by-step instructions below to bake these chicken breasts for an equally delicious alternative.
Ingredients in Grilled Garlic Parmesan Chicken Breasts
- Chicken Breasts: We recommend boneless, skinless chicken breasts. However, chicken thighs, drumsticks, or wings can also be used, keeping in mind that they will require varying cook times.
- Oil: Avocado oil is our top choice, but you can also use canola, vegetable, or olive oil.
- Salt and Black Pepper: Add to taste.
- Garlic: You can choose between garlic powder or finely minced fresh garlic.
Garlic Parmesan Sauce
- Butter: Melted butter is key.
- Garlic Powder: We prefer powdered garlic for its milder sweetness, as opposed to minced garlic, which can be more pungent.
- Parmesan Cheese: Finely grated Parmesan cheese works best. Don’t worry, even the canned variety will suffice!
- Red Pepper Flakes: Adjust the amount according to your desired level of heat.
- Parsley: Freshly chopped parsley adds a delightful freshness that complements the flavors of the chicken.
How To Cook Chicken Breast On the Grill
- Preheat the grill.
- In a large bowl, coat the chicken breasts with avocado oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix until well coated.
- Using tongs, place the chicken breasts on the grill, ensuring they are not touching.
- Grill over medium heat for approximately 5-7 minutes on each side until they turn golden. (Note: If the chicken sticks to the grill, let it cook for another minute or two before attempting to flip.)
- Use a digital thermometer to check if the internal temperature in the thickest part of the chicken breast reaches 165 degrees F. Once cooked, transfer the chicken to a bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, garlic powder, Parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes, and parsley. Pour the garlic Parmesan sauce over the hot chicken breasts and toss until thoroughly coated. Serve immediately and enjoy!
What Grilled Chicken Breast Temp Should I Cook To?
Chicken should always be cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. To ensure accuracy, insert the thermometer into the thickest part of the chicken. Cooking below this temperature poses a safety risk, while cooking beyond it risks drying out the meat.
How Long To Grill Boneless Chicken Breast
The grilling time depends on various factors such as the size of the chicken breasts and the grill’s temperature. Aim for a specific temperature range of 425-450 degrees if your grill allows it. Otherwise, use medium direct heat.
For an average-sized chicken breast, grill for a total of 10-14 minutes, flipping halfway through the cooking process.
How To Bake Chicken Breasts in the Oven
If grilling is not an option, this recipe can be easily adapted for baking.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the chicken breasts in a baking dish and tenderize them by gently pounding the thickest part with the bottom of a mason jar or a sturdy cup.
- Season the chicken breasts on both sides with garlic, salt, and pepper. Drizzle the garlic Parmesan sauce over the chicken.
- Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Once fully baked, remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest for 5-10 minutes to allow the juices to distribute evenly.
More of Our Favorite Chicken Breast Recipes
- Green Chili Hasselback Chicken
- Baked BBQ Chicken Breast
- Thai Chicken Stir Fry
- Oven-Baked Chicken Parmesan
- Southwest Grilled Chicken Breast
- Chicken Wings
- Chicken Leg Recipes
- Baked Ginger Chicken
- Lemon Chicken
- Convection Roast Chicken
- More Chicken Recipes
More Recipes You’ll Love:
- Turkey Recipes
- Best Summer Recipes
- Best Rice Recipes
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment. We value your feedback as it helps us improve and provides insights for other readers. If you’re fond of Pinterest, feel free to share your comments and photos there, too. Don’t forget to tag us on Instagram at @thecarefreekitchen using the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen. To stay updated, you can also find us on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!
These succulent Grilled Garlic Parmesan Chicken Breasts are simply seasoned and finished with a delightful buttery garlic Parmesan sauce. Perfect as a summer entree, whether you enjoy them alongside grilled veggies, baked potatoes, or a simple salad.
For more information, head over to Ratingperson.