Accessibility and Inclusiveness
We are dedicated to making the internet accessible to everyone, regardless of their circumstances or abilities. At Ratingperson, we firmly believe in providing a website that is available to the widest possible audience. To achieve this, we adhere closely to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 (WCAG 2.1) set by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) at the AA level. These guidelines ensure that our website is accessible to individuals with various disabilities, including visual impairments, cognitive disabilities, motor impairments, and more.
To enhance accessibility, our website incorporates advanced technologies. We utilize an accessibility interface that allows users with specific disabilities to customize the user interface according to their needs. Additionally, an AI-based application constantly optimizes the website’s accessibility level. This application improves the website’s compatibility with screen-readers used by blind users and enhances navigation for individuals with motor impairments.
We value your feedback! If you notice any issues or have suggestions for improvement, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. You can contact our website’s operators via email.
Enhancing Screen-Reader and Keyboard Navigation
Our website prioritizes screen-reader and keyboard navigation to ensure an inclusive experience for users with disabilities. By utilizing ARIA attributes and implementing behavioral changes, we have made it possible for blind users with screen-readers to fully access and enjoy our website’s functions. As soon as a screen-reader user enters our site, they are prompted to enter the Screen-Reader Profile, enabling optimal browsing and site operation.
Our screen-reader optimization includes providing meaningful data through ARIA attributes, accurate form labels, descriptions for actionable icons, and validation guidance for form inputs. We also ensure that images are properly described using alternate text tags and utilize optical character recognition (OCR) technology to extract embedded texts within images.
Keyboard navigation optimization is another key aspect of our accessibility efforts. Our website has been adjusted to enable navigation using the Tab and Shift+Tab keys, dropdown operation with arrow keys, and quick access to essential elements with shortcuts. We have also implemented features that prevent users from losing focus or experiencing difficulties while interacting with triggered pop-ups.
Supporting Different Disability Profiles
At Ratingperson, we understand the importance of catering to different disability profiles. Our website offers various modes to enhance the user experience for individuals with specific needs:
- Epilepsy Safe Mode: This profile eliminates the risk of seizures resulting from flashing or blinking animations and color combinations.
- Visually Impaired Mode: Designed for users with visual impairments such as Degrading Eyesight, Tunnel Vision, Cataract, and Glaucoma.
- Cognitive Disability Mode: This mode provides assistive options for users with cognitive impairments such as Dyslexia, Autism, and CVA.
- ADHD Friendly Mode: Created to help users with ADHD and Neurodevelopmental disorders focus on website content while reducing distractions.
- Blindness Mode: Ensures compatibility with popular screen-readers like JAWS, NVDA, VoiceOver, and TalkBack.
- Keyboard Navigation Profile (Motor-Impaired): Enables users with motor impairments to navigate the website easily using keyboard controls.
User Interface, Design, and Readability Adjustments
In addition to accessibility modes, our website offers various customization options to enhance user experience:
- Font adjustments: Users can modify font size, family (type), spacing, alignment, and line height.
- Color adjustments: Select from different color contrast profiles, including light, dark, inverted, and monochrome options. Users can also modify color schemes for titles, texts, and backgrounds.
- Animations: Epileptic users can stop all animations, including videos, GIFs, and CSS transitions, with a single click.
- Content highlighting: Users can emphasize important elements such as links and titles, or choose to highlight only focused or hovered elements.
- Audio muting: Users with hearing devices can instantly mute all audio on the website.
- Cognitive disorders: Our search engine, linked to Wikipedia and Wiktionary, helps users with cognitive disorders decipher meanings of phrases, initials, slang, and more.
- Additional functions: Explore features such as changing cursor color and size, printing mode, and a virtual keyboard.
Browser and Assistive Technology Compatibility
We strive to support a wide range of browsers and assistive technologies, ensuring that our users have the freedom to choose the tools that best suit their needs. Our website is compatible with major browsers, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Opera, and Microsoft Edge. We are also accessible with popular screen-readers like JAWS and NVDA on both Windows and MAC systems.
Continuous Improvement and Feedback
While we make every effort to maintain accessibility throughout our website, there may be pages or sections that are not fully accessible or lack appropriate technological solutions. Rest assured, we are constantly developing and adopting new technologies to improve our accessibility features. Your feedback is invaluable in helping us achieve optimal accessibility. If you encounter any difficulties or have suggestions, please reach out to us.
Ratingperson – Your Accessibility Companion