If you’re on the lookout for the ultimate no-bake holiday dessert, then you absolutely have to try these mouthwatering Little Debbie Christmas tree cake balls. Not only are they incredibly delicious, but they’re also made using the iconic Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes, ensuring a delightful treat for everyone to enjoy.
Why I Love This Recipe
Let’s start with why I absolutely adore this recipe:
- Quick and Easy: These cake balls come together in no time, making them the perfect last-minute holiday treat.
- No Bake Dessert: No need to turn on the oven for this one! These cake balls require zero baking, saving you time and effort.
- Made with Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes: The star ingredient in these cake balls is none other than the immensely popular Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes. You won’t be able to resist their irresistible flavor and festive charm.
And if you’re in the mood for even more Christmas desserts, make sure to try out my Christmas Funfetti cake for a simple and delightful Christmas treat.
To create these delectable cake balls, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes: These cakes are so popular that they can sometimes be a bit tricky to find. Make sure to check your local stores for availability.
- Cream Cheese: Ensure that your cream cheese is softened to make the cake ball mixture perfectly creamy.
- Candy Melts: You’ll need red and white candy melts to coat these cake balls in a festive and flavorful chocolate shell.
- Sanding Sugars: Sprinkle your cake balls with red and green sanding sugars to add a touch of holiday cheer.
Variations / Options / Add-Ins
Feel free to get creative with these cake balls! Here are some ideas for variations and add-ins:
- Frosting: Instead of using cream cheese, you can swap it out for a vanilla frosting of your choice.
- Chocolate: Experiment with different types of chocolate for dipping your cake balls. Colored candy melts, milk chocolate, or even dark chocolate can add variety to your treats.
- Place on Sticks: Give your cake balls a brand new look by adding a stick to each one, turning them into adorable cake pops.
How to Make Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cake Balls
Now, let’s walk through the simple steps to create these delightful cake balls using Little Debbie’s Christmas Tree Cakes:
Step 1: Prep Baking Sheet
Cover your baking sheet with wax paper and set it aside for later.
Step 2: Mix Up The Cake Balls
In a mixing bowl or stand mixer, combine the cream cheese and Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes. Mix until a smooth and creamy cake ball texture is achieved.
Step 3: Form Balls
Using a cookie scoop, roll the mixture into balls and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Freeze the cake balls until firm.
Step 4: Dip Cake Balls in Chocolate
Microwave the candy melts, stirring between heating, until thoroughly melted. Dip each cake ball in the melted chocolate, shaking off any excess.
Step 5: Decorate
Let your creativity shine by decorating each cake ball with red candy melt chocolate, sprinkles, or any other decorations you desire.
Serve these delightful cake balls alongside more delicious no-bake desserts for a festive holiday dessert table. Why not try my Grinch bark or these Cool Whip candy treats for a truly delightful spread?
Here are some pro tips to ensure your cake balls turn out perfect:
- Make sure to allow the cake balls to set up before refrigerating them.
- If desired, add a bit of shortening to the chocolate to help thin it out.
- While I’ve had the best luck finding Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes at Walmart or Dollar General, you might also find them at your local grocery stores.
To keep your cake balls fresh and delicious:
- Refrigerate: Place the cake balls in an airtight container or sealed bag and refrigerate. They’ll stay fresh for 3-5 days. If you’re stacking them, be sure to place wax paper between the layers to prevent sticking.
- Freezing: If you have leftover cake balls, you can freeze them in a freezer container or bag. They’ll stay fresh for 3-4 months, ensuring a delightful treat whenever you crave one.
Have any questions about this recipe? Here are answers to some commonly asked questions:
More Holiday Recipes
If you can’t get enough of these cake balls, be sure to try these equally delightful holiday recipes:
- Hershey Pie
- Christmas Tree Cupcakes
- Rudolph Cupcakes
Excited to try this amazing recipe? Click here to visit Ratingperson for the full recipe card or save it for later.