Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
It’s that special time of year again, which means it’s time to prep for the Christmas rush! As a small business owner, part of that prep probably includes writing and sending Christmas cards to your clients, customers and employees.
Writing festive greetings for business contacts year after year means getting creative, but this season we’ve made it simple. Below are a few ideas to help you connect with customers and show appreciation for your employees. With the right combination of an eye-catching card design and a carefully-crafted Christmas greeting, your business Christmas card is sure to stand out.
Here, we’ll give you some ideas for:
- Business Christmas card messages
- Festive card messages for clients
- Christmas card messages for employees
Copy and paste, customise or simply find inspiration in these business Christmas card messages. And of course, we’ve got the perfect card design templates to use for each one. Happy designing!
Christmas card messages for clients and customers
Christmas cards are an easy and thoughtful way to say ‘thank you’ to clients and customers who’ve stuck with you through the last year. When writing Christmas greetings for business, aim for an uplifting tone. Put sincerity and appreciation front and centre. If you don’t know whether your customers celebrate Christmas or not, stick to generic end-of-year messages such as ‘Season’s Greetings’ or ‘Happy New Year’.
Here are some sample festive messages you can send to clients as you welcome 2023, along with a couple of tips and templates you can update to match.
Pair a festive design with wording to match
Choose a Christmas card design that references the type of business you’re in, or use language that complements the design you choose. Here are some examples to spark your creativity for a few different types of businesses.
- Season’s Greetings / Your business helped keep us blooming.
- Season’s Greetings 2022 / You make our business blossom / just by being you.
- Making spirits shiny, clean & bright this festive season. / Happy Christmas from [cleaning company name].
- Season’s Eatings! Here’s to a delicious 2023. / From all of us at [restaurant name]
- Eat, drink & be merry! / Warmest wishes, [eatery name]
- Thanks for standing by us, looking forward to serving you in the new year! Happy Christmas from [bar or restaurant name]
- Wishing you a festive season of sheer joy! From all of us at [hair salon name]
- Here’s to a happy new year in your new home. Warmest wishes, [real estate agent name]
Get creative with formatting
Capitalisation and line breaks can add personality and warmth to an otherwise generic message. Play around with formatting based on the template that best suits your business. Here are some messages to consider when experimenting with tone and typeface:
- peace & joy to you and yours / season’s greetings from us to you / [company name]
- FESTIVE CHEER / season’s greetings from everyone at [company name]
- YOU + US = JOY / Season’s Greetings / From all of us at [company name]
Make it personal
Or, you could try composing longer messages that include a personal touch. This encourages recipients to take a few moments to read your card. Here are a few examples:
- Season’s Greetings / Collaborating with you this year has been a joy and a privilege. Wishing you and yours a wonderful festive season and much prosperity in the new year.
- From the [company name] family to yours, sending wishes of warmth, joy and peace this festive season. / Our thanks to you for sticking with us through this difficult year. We couldn’t have done it without you.
- It’s the most wonderful time of the year / And you are the most wonderful part of our business. Thank you for making this and every time of year brighter for us. Wishing you a wonderful festive season. / [company name]
- Season’s Greetings / In a year filled with challenges, we’re grateful for your support. / Wishing you happiness & health in 2023.
- Season’s Greetings / Here’s to a cheerful Christmas and a fresh 2023. / Warmest wishes, [company name]
- Cheers to the New Year / Best wishes for a wonderful festive season and a happy 2023.
- Sending thanks this festive season (and always) / Your friends at [company name]
- Wishing you a happy & healthy festive season / Warmest wishes, [company name]
Business Christmas card messages
You may know for sure that everyone on your list of recipients celebrates Christmas. In which case, here are a few business Christmas greetings to consider:
- Merry Christmas / ‘Tis the season for us to tell you how much you mean to us. (Spoiler: It’s a lot.) / All the best, / [company name]
- You are a joy to us all. / Have a fun-filled Christmas
- Merry + Blessed / Merry Christmas to you and yours. / Your business is a blessing all year round. / [company name]
Christmas card messages for employees
Employees are the lifeblood of your small business. Along with a gift, a personal, meaningful card is an opportunity to show colleagues you recognise their hard work. Aim for a genuine and appreciative tone – here are a few Christmas messages employees will cherish:
- Merry Christmas & many thanks / We couldn’t do it without you. / This year and always, you’re a valued member of our team.
- Wishing you a wonderful festive season / You keep us afloat. And we are grateful. / Thanks for all you do for us, this time of year and beyond. / Your friends and colleagues at [company name]
- From your team members at [company name] / You make our business merry. We’re grateful for all you do. Wishing you peace and prosperity this festive season!
Whether for customers, clients, employees or others who play a special role in your company’s success, these Christmas greetings for business will show your recipients just how much you care.