Add a Sense of Reflective Beauty to Your Bedroom
Dressers are not complete without the addition of a dresser mirror. Dresser mirrors come in various designs, such as chic, contemporary, round, oval, and square, providing design elements to a room while being functional. A dresser mirror is the most practical piece of furniture; every bedroom should have one.
When you rise and shine in the morning, you want to be confident and ready to start your day looking and feeling your best, and what better way to look sharper than ever than with a dresser mirror? Dresser style mirrors reflect light and make your living space feel larger. When hung above your furniture they can offer a simple and stunning wall décor option. When you select a mirror for your space, you can focus on shape, style and size of the frame. Brightly colored works of art may not fit the taste of everyone, but a decorative framed mirror can add depth and color without overwhelming present design elements. You can choose a frame color and style which complements your home furnishings. A mirror centered over your dresser can add a finishing touch to the ensemble in your bedroom. If you’ve recently moved into a new house, these mirrors can quickly make your space feel like home. Installing a dresser mirror doesn’t have to be a daunting project, as most of the dresser mirrors available on our site are already assembled or require minimal assembly. If the mirror already has D-rings and a hanging wire on the back, then it is best to inspect them carefully to ensure they are installed properly and capable of holding the weight of the mirror. If they appear to be unreliable, then you should remove them and install D-rings and a hanging wire that are sturdy.
Before You Buy
When shopping for a mirror for your dresser, you want one that looks good in your room and complements your bedroom’s decor and design. A beautiful bedroom dresser mirror is an excellent addition to your space. Here are some things to consider before you buy a dresser mirror:
- Shape: What shape mirror do you need?
- Frame: What type of mirror frame do you want?
- Size: What mirror size will fit best with your dresser and room size?
- Color: What dresser mirror color do you like or will match your room’s decor?
Features to Consider
There are many features and benefits to having a mirror over your bedroom dresser.
- Brightens the Room. A bedroom dresser mirror reflects natural and artificial light into the room, making the space feel brighter.
- Easy to Maintain. Dresser mirrors require little maintenance. The only thing you need to do is wipe it down with a soft cloth now and then, and maybe clean the mirror for smudges or fingerprints.
- Functionality. Dresser mirrors not only look beautiful, but they are highly functional. They provide you a way to look at yourself daily to ensure you are presentable and help brighten up your bedroom space.
- Opens Up a Room. The reflective nature of a dresser mirror creates the illusion there is more space in the room than there is. Mirrors do wonders for a small space, making them appear larger..
- Visual Appeal. A dresser mirror can enhance the overall appeal of a room, creating a clean and elegant feel. Additionally, mirrors look sophisticated and classy, no matter where they are placed in a room.
Types of Dresser Mirrors
There are many dresser mirrors, providing you with several design and function options to choose from. A mirror for dresser furniture can add depth to your living space and convenience to any dressing area or bedroom. Dresser mirror frames come in an assortment of frame styles, from plain and smooth to lavishly-carved. You should choose a dresser mirror to complement the textures or colors in the décor of your bedroom. If your bedroom or living space takes after a certain theme or form, consider a specific shape of dresser mirror like vertical, landscape, oval, round, rectangular, square, and other shapes. You can also search by size to assure that the measurements are suitable for your room. Casual, traditional, and modern styles are available at a great selection of updated dresser mirrors. A vanity with your mirror can achieve a chic aesthetic for your dressing area or bedroom. Many styles of furniture entail slanting mirror panels, gold, antique silver or chrome accents along the trim and legs. Geometric shaped and flashy details can express art deco and classic Hollywood looks. You can even accessorize the top of your dresser with mirrored trays, paddle brushes, vintage perfume bottles and silver hand mirrors, or try installing hooks around the mirror for gloves, scarves and vintage hats.
- Antique Dresser Mirrors. Antique dresser mirrors provide a classic look to a bedroom. These mirrors are styles with antique finishes and look like something you would find in an antique shop. This style mirror works well with floral decor and classic room style.
- Dresser Mounted Mirrors. Most commonly, dresser mirrors are those that are mounted on or supported by the dresser. These mirrors are generally included when purchasing a bedroom set but can be added on later. Many times, dresser-mounted mirrors are designed to match the dresser, creating a complete look.
- Frameless Dresser Mirrors. Frameless dresser mirrors are precisely what their name suggests, mirrors without frames. These mirrors generally sit flush up against the wall, providing a seamless mirrored look. Frameless mirrors are standard in minimalist, industrial, and contemporary room designs.
- Hanging Dresser Mirrors. Not all mirrors need to be attached to the dresser to make it a dresser mirror. There are many freestanding mirrors, which can be hung over the dresser providing the same functionality. Hanging mirrors come in all shapes and sizes, making it possible to find a fun and unique mirror to decorate your bedroom.
- Illuminating Dresser Mirrors. For added brightness in a space, some dresser mirrors have built-in lights or lights within the mirror’s frame. These lights help illuminate your bedroom while offering bright lights for putting on makeup or getting dressed in the morning.
- Metal Dresser Mirrors. Metal dresser mirrors are lightweight and provide a small frame bordering the mirror. These types of mirrors are less expensive but not very commonly used in bedrooms.
- Plastic Dresser Mirrors. Plastic frames are not a common choice for dresser mirrors but provide a lightweight mirror. In addition, plastic dresser mirrors come in various colors, making it possible to match the room’s color or add a pop of color to a neutral space.
- Shaped Dresser Mirrors. Dresser mirrors come in all shapes and sizes. Though the most common size for dresser mirrors is a rectangle, other sizes are available, including round, oval, and square. The shape you choose depends greatly on your bedroom’s decor and your style.
- Wicker Dresser Mirrors. When decorating a space with wicker furniture, a wicker mirror can be added to a dresser. However, if your bedroom is a mix of styles, adding a wicker framed mirror to your dress can create a fun, unique look, especially when mixed with wood furniture.
- Wood Dresser Mirrors. Wood is the most common material used to make dresser mirrors. In most cases, the wood is the same color or complementary to the dresser and the rest of the room’s furniture. Wood can be heavy but is still a trendy choice when shopping for a dresser mirror.
How to Choose a Dresser Mirror
When shopping for a dresser mirror, there are many things to consider, including its style, design, material, and size. In addition, you want a mirror that looks good in the space while providing enough illumination and light reflection into the rest of the bedroom.
- Budget. Your budget determines the dresser mirror you can purchase. Mirrors are available at all price points, and how much you can afford to spend on the mirror affects the amount and style of dresser mirrors available in your price range. Set your budget, then shop from an assortment of mirrors within that budget. You are sure to find a dresser mirror that fits all of your bedroom decor needs.
- Size. When shopping for dresser mirrors, you want to choose one that fits over a dresser while looking proportionate in your bedroom. Huge mirrors can overtake a room, but small mirrors are often too small to serve their purpose. Take measurements and seek out a mirror that is the perfect size for your bedroom space.
Benefits of Dresser Mirrors
Aside from looking your best everyday, dresser style mirrors offer plenty of wonderful advantages to give your bedroom or entryway the best appearance possible. A mirror on your dresser can bring plenty of light into a poorly lit or dim setting. Contact with direct sunlight will reflect off the glass and shine rays of sunshine onto the walls of the room, creating a more uplifting atmosphere that is mood elevating and beautiful. Dresser style mirrors also offer convenience. You can pick out your clothing and determine which look is best for the occasion while remaining in the same room. Try getting creative and use shelves to complement your mirror to enhance your home interior decorating, or add your own personal touches to make your piece unique. However you choose to implement them, mirrors for your dresser will bring you years of convenience, and functionality to make each room more stunning and bold than ever.
Ready to shop from our big assortment of dresser mirrors? First, take a look at our catalog, then call us with any questions you have, and we can help you select the best mirror for your room.
Related Categories Mirrors | Eurofase Lighting Mirrors | Wall Decor | Accent Furniture | More Decor | Floor Mirrors