There’s one Mother’s Day gift that never disappoints: a sweet, heartfelt card! Sure, she’ll appreciate breakfast in bed or a Mother’s Day lunch—we certainly don’t want to discourage you from either of those fabulous Mother’s Day gifts!—but a card filled with one of these heartfelt Mother’s Day messages is something she can keep forever. Take Ree Drummond as an example: Now that her kids are off in different directions, she says she’s “thrilled” come Mother’s Day with nothing more than “a kiss on the cheek from whatever child is around that day.” Reminding your mom how much she means to you is something anyone of any age can do, whether you’re celebrating together or apart.
These cute, meaningful, and even funny Mother’s Day wishes are the perfect inspiration. Whether the mom in your life is your own mother, grandmother, or someone who is just like a mom to you, these sayings will be the perfect match. Make sure her day starts off right by sending a cute message over text first thing in the morning and following it later in the day with a DIY card. And if you’re mailing your Mother’s Day card, make sure you know when Mother’s Day is so it gets there in time! Sending a physical card means that they can carry these Mother’s Day wishes with them always.
Sweet Mother’s Day Messages
- Well, you were right about…absolutely everything. Thanks for being my mom!
- Moms are like buttons—they hold everything in life together.
- My love for you is bigger than that overflowing pile of laundry in my room.
- Thank you for all the hugs, words of encouragement, and patience through the years.
- I’m so glad I didn’t fall far from the tree.
- I’m proud to be your kid.
- You’re the best mom in the world, and I’m thankful for you every day.
- Mom, I hope you relax and enjoy today just like you deserve!
- Thank you for being someone I could always look up to, Mom.
- I wouldn’t ask for any other person to be my mom!
- I’m who I am today because of you, Mom.
- Thank you for always taking care of us, even when it wasn’t easy. We love you so much!
- If I wrote down all the reasons I love you, it’d take up a whole book!
- Thank you for always being right by my side. I love you, Mom!
- I don’t know what I’d do without you, Mom. Thank you for everything that you do!
- Home is wherever you are, Mom.
- I’m so grateful to call you my mom and my best friend!
- Mom, you’re the glue that holds us all together.
- The best compliment anyone can give me is to say that I’m just like you.
- Sending Mother’s Day wishes today from the luckiest child in the world!
Funny Mother’s Day Messages
- Happy Mother’s Day from your favorite child.
- Sorry for driving you crazy sometimes, it was just because I love you so much!
- I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for you—literally!
- Dear Mom, it turns out that you were right about everything.
- I love you Mom even though I’ll never accept your friend request.
- Happy Mother’s Day to my best friend and my cheapest therapist.
- Mom, you deserve the world. But for now, I hope this card will do!
- You’re the best mom ever—just look at me, I turned out amazing!
- Raising me took a lot of patience—thank you for everything that you’ve done!
Mother’s Day Messages for Your Mother-in-Law
- Thank you for your kindness, generosity, and love you’ve shown me over the years.
- I am so grateful to be a part of your family.
- Your son/daughter is proof of the wonderful mother you are!
- You’re more than an in-law to me, you’re like a second mom. Thank you for all that you do!
- You’re everything that a daughter/son-in-law could ask for in a mother-in-law.
- You raised your daughter/son to be such a kind, compassionate person. Thank you for that and for being such a wonderful mother-in-law.
- A wonderful mother-in-law like you deserves an equally wonderful Mother’s Day.
- Thank you for making me feel like a part of the family right from the beginning.
Mother’s Day Messages for Your Stepmom
- Happy Mother’s Day to my bonus mom!
- I am so grateful for our loving blended family. Thank you for being a part of our lives!
- We might not be blood, but you’ve shown me love just like any mother would.
- Being a family is what’s in your heart that matters, which is why you’re my forever family!
- Parenthood requires love, not DNA. Thank you for all that you do for me!
- I am so lucky that you’re my stepmom. Thank you for supporting and loving me.
Mother’s Day Messages for Grandma
- I couldn’t ask for a better grandma to show me what unconditional love is like.
- Thank you for spoiling me rotten!
- I can never repay you for how much you’ve done for me over the years, Grandma.
- Happy Mother’s Day from your favorite grandchild!
- Thank you for being the best listener a grandkid could ask for.
- I cherish every moment we get to spend together, Grandma.
- Thank you for making my childhood (and adulthood!) so special.
- You’ve been a second mom to me all these years. I couldn’t ask for anything more, Grandma.
- Your love has shaped me in so many ways, Grandma. Thank you for always supporting me!
Mother’s Day Messages for Your Wife
- I couldn’t ask for a better life partner to share the journey of parenthood.
- You’re the greatest mom I could ever ask for our child.
- Thank you for always going above and beyond for our family.
- Happy Mother’s Day to the World’s Greatest Mom our child could ever have.
- You’ve taught me so much about parenthood just from watching you each and every day.
- It’s no surprise that such a wonderful wife has made such an incredible mom.
- There’s no one else I’d rather share the tears, laughter, and dirty diapers with.
- You’re the greatest role model I could ever ask for for our kids. We love you!
- I appreciate everything you do for us and our family. Our kids are so lucky to call you Mom.
Mother’s Day Messages for a New Mom
- Happy first Mother’s Day to a wonderful first-time Mom! Wishing you a day filled with love, joy, and relaxation.
- You are a total natural at being the world’s best mom!
- I’ve loved watching you grow into being a fantastic mom.
- Your baby is the luckiest in the world because they get to have you as a mom.
- I didn’t think you could get more amazing, and then you became a mom and proved me wrong.
- Watching you become a mom has been such a joy that I’m so grateful to witness.
- I knew you would be a great mom because you’re already the best sister/friend/daughter/spouse.
- Enjoy your first Mother’s Day and remember that this day is all about you!
Mother’s Day Messages for Your Daughter
- Watching you grow into an incredible mother has been the best gift I can ask for.
- I am so proud of the mother you’ve become and the beautiful family and life you’ve created.
- Happy Mother’s Day to my daughter, thank you for making me such a happy grandparent!
- It seems like yesterday I was holding you in my arms. Seeing you with your own children fills my heart with so much love.
- I’m so glad you now know how much joy you’ve brought to my life as a mother.
- I can’t even express how proud I am of you for all you’ve overcome and all you give as a mother.