Moving home is a key moment for people. It’s their next big stepping stone in life, where they relocate their possessions and settle down in a new home. Whether their new home be an apartment, town house, bungalow, or even caravan, celebrate their move with a thoughtful housewarming card.
A new home card can bring a smile to the face of those that have recently moved, and reading them serves as the perfect distraction between unpacking boxes. However, choosing the right words for a new house card can prove difficult at times. Do you write something funny or rude? Or perhaps a new home quote would be better suited? Well, we’ve chosen our favourite new home best wishes, and we’re sure one of these will be perfect for the inside of your card!
Short and simple messages for new home cards
Sometimes the shorter and simpler the message, the better. Choose one of our short housewarming messages below.
- Well done on your new home!
- Congratulations on the move.
- Congratulations. Can’t wait to visit!
- Congrats! Time to put your feet up and relax.
- Enjoy your new home!
- Best wishes on your new home.
- Time to make memories in your new home.
- A new address and a new chapter!
- Happy New Home Day!
- Time to turn this house into a home.
Funny messages to write on a new home card
If you’re sending a new house card to a loved one, you may have the type of relationship with them that calls for a funny and humorous card. Select one of the below funny new home messages to complete your card.
- Happy New Home! (I’m not helping with the unpacking)
- Good luck convincing your neighbours you’re not crazy
- Home is where you can sit around in your underwear all day
- Happy New Home! Now let’s have a party and get drunk!
- Congrats on your new home! Where’s my room?
- Happy New Home. Where’s the toilet? I need to pee!
- Your house is so fancy! You’ve changed.
- Now you can put those hours of Pinterest searches to good use!
- Congratulations on buying a whole lot of bricks.
- Best Wishes On Your New Home. Hopefully the neighbours aren’t weird.
- When is the housewarming party?
- Oh you’re so grown up now aren’t you?
- New Home, New Adventures, New Toilet.
- Happy New Home! Time for an Ikea trip!
- Congrats on the new mortgage!
- New home, new plants.
- Thanks for not asking me to help you move.
- Happy unpacking!
- Hope your house isn’t haunted.
- Happiness is unpacking boxes.
- How much for a set of keys??
First home messages to write on a new home card
Owning your first home is a very special moment indeed. No doubt the process up until the point of getting the keys has been a lot of work for them, and now they are finally in their first home! Send them a card to congratulate their first step on the property ladder, and use one of the below messages.
- Congratulations on your first home!
- You’ve worked so hard for this – well done!
- A big step for you! Many congratulations.
- You’re a proper grown up now! Well done.
- What a huge moment for you!
- Well done on owning your very own home!
- Well done on getting on the property ladder.
- I can’t wait to visit your new home! Well done!
- Wishing you many happy memories in your first home.
- Congratulations on being the owner of your first home
Messages to families on their new home
When a family moves home it could be for any number of reasons. Perhaps they are about to add a new addition to their family, and need an extra bedroom for the new baby. Perhaps they have relocated for work and new adventures. Wish them well in their new home with one of the messages below.
- New home and new adventures for your gang!
- Wishing your family happy memories in your new home.
- A beautiful home for a beautiful family.
- Congratulations! A new home for your growing family!
- Well done! New home, new job, new schools!
- So happy for you all in your new home.
- It’s the people that make a house a home.
- We can’t wait to visit you all in your new home.
- Well done on the move! Time to decorate a nursery.
- Beautiful clean walls, soon to have many mucky finger prints on!
Messages to neighbours on their new home
Your old neighbours have left, which might be a sad occasion, but then new neighbours are the chance for new relationships and friendships to form. Dropping off a new home card is a great way to introduce yourself and welcome them to the area. Choose one of our messages below if you’re struggling to think of what to say.
- Welcome to the neighbourhood! From Ben and Danielle at number 39.
- Congratulations on your new home. Knock on our door if you need a cup of sugar… or glass of wine!
- Welcome to the street! We hope you love it as much as we do.
- Happy New Home! Feel free to knock on our door if you need anything.
- Hoping you settle in well. Please let us know if you need a hand.
Messages to those moving away
Sometimes moving home can be bittersweet. You might have to say goodbye to neighbours who you’ve created a strong friendship with. Congratulate them on their new move and new chapter with the below messages.
- Here’s to a new home and new adventures.
- Congratulations on your new move! We’ll miss you!
- Best wishes for your new move. We’ve loved being your neighbour.
- Hope your new neighbours are as nice as us.
- We hope your new neighbours know how lucky they are!
- A new chapter in your life. We’re so happy for you!
- I can’t lie, I’ll miss you terribly, but can’t wait to visit.
Messages for estate agents to new homeowners
As an estate agent, you will have helped the new homeowner with finding their home and completing it. Congratulating them on their new home is a great way to end the process, and what better way to do this with a card. A simple act of giving a card goes a long way, and the new homeowner may be more likely to recommend your services in the future.
- Congratulations on your new home from everyone here! We’ve loved being a part of your journey.
- A pleasure to help you in finding your new home. Wishing you many happy memories here.
- Congratulations! So happy you found your new home with us!
- Happy New Home! You’ve been a dream to work with.
- Best wishes on your new home!
New home quotes
Perhaps writing a message isn’t needed, but instead a heartwarming new home quote about moving home will do instead. We’ve picked our favourite quotes about a new house and moving for you to choose from.
- “Home is any four walls that enclose the right person.” – Helen Rowland
- “Where we love is home – home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.
- “Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to take you in.” – Robert Frost
- “Home is the nicest word there is.” – Laura Ingalls Wilder
- “To be happy at home is the ultimate result of all ambition, the end to which every enterprise and labour tends, and of which every desire prompts the prosecution.” – Samuel Johnson
- “Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful.” – William Morris
- “Home is where the heart is.” – Pliny the Elder
- “Home is a shelter from storms – all sorts of storms.” – William J. Bennett
- “Home is where one starts from” – T.S Elliot
- “There’s no place like home” – L. Frank Baum
- “Perhaps home is not a place but simply an irrevocable condition.” – James Baldwin
- “Home, the spot of earth supremely blest, A dearer, sweeter spot than all the rest.” – Robert Montgomery
- “Be grateful for the home you have, knowing that at this moment, all you have is all you need.” – Sarah Ban Breathnach
- “The strength of a nation derives from the integrity of the home.” – Confucius
- “I think that when you invite people to your home, you invite them to yourself.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “If you know you’re going home, the journey is never too hard.” – Angela Wood
- “There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort.” – Jane Austen
- “When I go home, its an easy way to be grounded. You learn to realize what truly matters.” – Tony Stewart
- “Peace like charity begins at home.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “People usually are the happiest at home.” – William Shakespeare
- “The ornament of a house is the friends who frequent it.”― Ralph Waldo Emerson
The above selection of new home messages and quotes are a great place to start, but you can always build on these and personalise them to the people and the relationships you have. If you’re looking for a beautifully designed and unique new home card, then please see our new home card collection.