Now that the holiday season is in full swing, you’re probably doing your best to get as much done as possible before the year ends. You’ve found the most magical Christmas gift for the Harry Potter stan in your life and purchased cool Hanukkah gifts to help your friends celebrate the Festival of Lights. With 2022 quickly coming to a close, it’s time to complete your New Year’s Eve tasks, too. Prepare to pick out the most dazzling NYE outfit, come up with Instagram captions for your midnight smooch post, and share heartfelt happy new year wishes with your loved ones when the clock officially strikes 12, welcoming in 2023.
We’ve all been through so much in the past few years, adjusting to a new normal after experiencing a global pandemic. So you probably want to express your feelings with more depth and gratitude than a generic “happy new year” text (those still come in handy, btw). You can use your new year wishes to make plans with your besties, remind your boo just how far you’ve come and how much further you want to go, and make jokes with your family. Song lyrics and classic quotes also serve as great options for new year wishes, too.
Read ahead for the best new year wishes to share with your loved ones in 2023.
Happy New Year Wishes for Your Besties
- I knew I could make it through this year because of you. Thank you for your friendship.
- Here’s to making more memories in 2023!
- May the tears you cried this year water the soil of next year.
- New year, new adventures with my best friend. I can’t wait!
- Looking forward to another year of making bad decisions together.
Happy New Year Wishes for Your Family
- This time of year offers us a brand new start, and I want to take this opportunity to start fresh with you and wish you love and peace in the new year.
- You helped make 2022 one for the books. Cheers to a happy, healthy, and abundant 2023!
- From resolutions to bucket lists, I hope you check them all off this year, and if you didn’t, we’ve got tons of time to get it done in 2023.
- Live it up on New Year’s Eve — there’s the whole year to live it down!
- Happy New Year! Remember, no matter what the year brings, you are loved, and you are strong.
Sweet Happy New Year Wishes for Your Boo
- Every year with you is the best one yet… cheers to many more.
- I’m so glad to be starting my new year with you.
- The years come and go, but our love will last forever. Happy 2023!
- This year will be the greatest one yet because we have each other.
- Falling in love with you makes every day feel brand new. Hoping the new year continues to make your dreams come true.
- With me by your side, you can do absolutely anything you set your mind to in 2023.
Song lyrics as Happy New Year Wishes
- “There’s glitter on the floor after the party. Girls carrying their shoes down in the lobby. Candle wax and Polaroids on the hardwood floor. You and me forevermore.” — Taylor Swift, “New Year’s.Day”
- “It’s a new dawn. It’s a new day. It’s a new life for me… And I’m feeling good.” — Nina Simone, “Feeling Good”
- “And surely you’ll buy your pint cup, and surely I’ll buy mine! And we’ll take a cup o’ kindness yet, for auld lang syne.” — “Auld Lang Syne”
- “Raise your glass, and we’ll have a cheer, My dear acquaintance, a happy new year, happy new year.” — Regina Spektor, “My Dear Acquaintance”
Quotes as Happy New Year Wishes
- “Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “And suddenly you know: It’s time to start something new and trust the magic of beginnings.” —Meister Eckhart
- “Let our New Year’s resolution be this: We will be there for one another as fellow members of humanity, in the finest sense of the word.” —Göran Persson
- “And now we welcome the new year. Full of things that have never been.” —Rainer Maria Rilke.
- “Tonight’s another chance to start again. It’s just another New Year’s Eve. Another night like the rest. It’s just another New Year’s Eve. Let’s make it the best!” – Barry Manilow
- “A bridge of silver wings stretches from the dead ashes of an unforgiving nightmare to the jeweled vision of a life started anew.” ― Aberjhani
- “With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.” —Eleanor Roosevelt
- “If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello.” —Paulo Coehlo
- “Although no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.” —Carl Bard
- “I don’t know where I’m going from here, but I promise it won’t be boring.” —David Bowie