This delightful recipe for Single Serve Banana Bread is the perfect way to use up that individual overripe banana! Indulge in this simple and easy treat that is sure to satisfy your banana bread cravings.
Repurposing that Overripe Banana
Having overripe bananas always excites me! They offer endless possibilities for creating delicious treats, with banana bread being a favorite in our household. But what can you do when you only have one overripe banana? It’s not enough for a loaf of bread or even muffins, which usually require multiple bananas. So what’s the solution?
Well, that’s when you can turn to this fantastic Single Serve Banana Bread recipe. Think of it as a large, moist banana muffin made just for you! It’s quick, easy, and oh-so-delicious.
Whipped Up in a Single Bowl
And guess what? This recipe is so simple that you’ll only need one bowl to whip it up. It’s a fuss-free way to enjoy a serving of warm banana bread in no time!
Why Single Serve Banana Bread is a Must-Try
- It’s an excellent solution for using up that lone overripe banana.
- You only need one banana (or half a banana) to make a single serving.
- Instead of indulging in a whole loaf of banana bread, enjoy a perfectly portioned treat.
- The batter comes together easily in just one bowl, simplifying cleanup.
- You can bake it in a ramekin or an oven-safe mug (which also means fewer dishes to wash!).
- It’s a delightful dessert made specifically for one person.
Key Ingredients for Single Serve Banana Bread
- Banana: Just half a banana is enough for a single serving.
- Butter: Melted and preferably unsalted. If using salted butter, skip the additional salt in the recipe.
- Flour: Opt for all-purpose flour, whole wheat pastry flour, or a combination of both.
- Egg yolk: One yolk is all you need for this small serving. If doubling the recipe, use one whole egg for two servings instead of two yolks.
- Sugar: Equal parts granulated sugar and brown sugar.
- Vanilla extract: Adds a delightful flavor to the batter.
- Baking soda
- Cinnamon: A touch of cinnamon enhances the flavor of the banana bread.
Please refer to the recipe card at the end of this post for detailed ingredient quantities and instructions.
How to Prepare Single Serve Banana Bread
- Prep: Preheat your oven to 350F and generously grease a ramekin with butter.
- Mash: In a bowl, use a fork to mash the banana.
- Combine Wet Ingredients and Sugar: Add the melted butter, egg yolk, vanilla extract, and sugars to the mashed banana. Mix until well combined.
- Add Dry Ingredients: Stir in the flour, baking soda, and salt until the batter is well combined.
- Bake: Transfer the batter to the greased ramekin and bake in the oven for approximately 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Can You Use the Microwave?
Yes, you can certainly make single serve banana bread in the microwave, just like most cakes and quick breads. However, it’s important to note that the texture may be slightly different.
While baking in the oven produces the best-textured banana bread, sometimes you crave a quick dessert. For microwave preparation, follow the recipe as described. Instead of baking, microwave the batter for approximately 60-90 seconds, adjusting the time as needed based on your microwave’s wattage. Allow it to cool slightly before enjoying, as microwaved cakes can be quite hot in the center.
Tips for Perfect Single Serve Banana Bread
- Use overripe bananas: The sweetness of overripe bananas reduces the need for additional sugar in the recipe. Wait until the bananas have plenty of brown spots for maximum sweetness.
- Avoid overmixing: While you can whisk the wet ingredients to your heart’s content, take care not to overmix once you add the flour. Overworking the batter can result in a tougher, less fluffy texture.
- Get creative with mix-ins: While this recipe keeps things simple, feel free to experiment with delicious additions such as chocolate chips, chopped walnuts, blueberries, or even a swirl of Nutella.
That’s it! It couldn’t be easier or more delicious. Enjoy this single portion treat to your heart’s content!
You may also like:
- Easy Banana Bread
- Healthy Double Chocolate Banana Muffins