Which Frame is Right for Me?
Choose between two frame types: the UPLIFT V2 or UPLIFT V2-Commercial. Both are equally stable. The key difference between the two is the height range as listed below:
- The V2 desk has a height range of 25.3″- 50.9″ (with 1″ thick desktop). That’s a 25.6″ travel distance. Fits users 5’4″ to 6’10” tall. Or add a keyboard tray to fit users 4’8″ and taller.
- The V2-Commercial desk has a height range of 22.6″- 48.7″ (with 1″ thick desktop). That’s a 26.1″ travel distance. The lowest height is about 3″ lower than the V2 desk. Fits users 4’11” to 6’5″ tall, or users 4’3″ and taller if configured with a keyboard tray.
- The V2-Commercial desk is certified to the ANSI/BIFMA G1-2013 height standard required by larger companies to ensure desks fit most employee heights.
- Adding casters raises a desk 2″- 5″ inches depending on which caster is selected and is a useful way to accommodate very tall users.
- Keep in mind that using a Motion-X or Rocker-X board adds 2.5″ to your standing height.
For the Desk Nerds, Ready to Geek Out?The V2 Desk has stability braces at the top of each leg for maximizing stability without the need for a lower crossbar between the legs. To provide the space needed for the stability braces, the leg orientation is inverted with the larger telescoping tube section at the top. These angular stability braces eliminate side-to-side wobble and replace the need for a lower crossbar.
For the V2-Commercial Desk to achieve a 3″ lower starting height with a larger overall height adjustment range, the three telescoping leg sections were designed to be shorter and travel farther. Because of this, the telescoping leg stages overlap each other less than they do on the V2 legs. To compensate for less overlap, the V2-Commercial legs are thicker and connected by a lower crossbar. The end result is best-in-class stoutness that matches the award-winning stability of the V2 desk.
The V2-Commercial Desk was developed to optimally accommodate users under 5’4″ tall. It meets the ANSI/BIFMA G1-2013 height standard to accommodate users who are a seated female 5th percentile (5’0″) to a standing male 95th percentile (6’3″). We expanded this range to 4’11” to 6’5″ as we’ve found those heights fit our desk well in most cases (for example standing males above 6’3″ tall will have a slight decline angle in their forearm while using the desk and can use a keyboard tray if needed). With the lower starting height, the V2-Commercial Desk accommodates short children especially when used with a keyboard tray while seated. Using a keyboard tray brings the working height of the desk even lower, allowing the V2 desk to fit users 4’8″ or taller, and the V2-Commercial desk to fit users 4’3″ or taller. We also recommend the use of a keyboard tray for any intensive computer users, in order to position the keyboard and mouse ideally, so wrists are kept perfectly straight. The optimal position for your keyboard and mouse is to allow your upper arms to hang comfortably at your sides, with elbows at about 90 degrees, and wrists perfectly straight while typing and mousing. This will usually place the keyboard tray height just above your lap while seated. UPLIFT keyboard trays have 8″ of height adjustment and move vertically from 5″ below to 3″ above the underside of the desktop. They also mount to a track spacer under the desk which is 2.8″ below the desk bottom surface.