The Five Day Gainers/Losers page highlights stocks which have had a consecutive 5-day gain (or loss). Additionally, you may filter stocks by exchange or market cap (U.S. and Canadian markets only).
For U.S. Markets: The initial page displayed is for “All US Exchanges” (includes only NYSE, NYSE Arca and NASDAQ stocks, and does not include ETFs, unit investment trusts, closed end funds, warrant stocks, preferred securities and any non-SIC classified stock).
To be included in the page, a stock has to be trading between $2 and $10,000 (for Canada, the stock has to be trading between $0.25 and $10,000) and have daily volume above 1,000 shares. OTC US stocks have to be trading above $0.25 and have a daily volume above 1,000. Calculations are adjusted for stock splits but not dividend distributions.
Additional filtering (for U.S. and Canadian markets) can be performed based on Exchange or Market Cap.
- Large Cap – stocks with a market cap greater than or equal to $5B
- Mid Cap – stocks with a market cap greater than or equal to $1B and less than $5B
- Small Cap – stocks with a market cap greater than or equal to 250M and less than $1B
- Micro Cap – stocks with a market cap less than 250M
Available only with a Barchart Plus or Premier Membership, you can base a Stock Screener off the symbols currently on the page. This lets you add additional filters to further narrow down the list of candidates.
- Click “Screen” on the page and the Stock Screener opens, pulling in the symbols from the 5-Day Gainers page.
- Add additional criteria in the Screener, such as “20-Day Moving Average is greater than the Last Price”, or “Trend Seeker® Opinion is Buy”.
- View the results and save them to a Watchlist, or save the Screener to run again at a later date.
- Running a Saved Screener at a later date will always present a new list of results. Your Saved Screener will always start with the most current set of symbols found on the 5-Day Gainers page before applying your custom filters and displaying new results.