Whether you’re new to dropshipping or you’ve been doing it for a while now, the dropshipping product research tools we’re about to drop in this article are definitely worth your time.
In dropshipping, the most crucial element of success is the product you choose. It’s the guiding beacon that leads buyers to your store and make a purchase later. Without a doubt, you can properly set up your store, have a lovely design, and occasionally even have a decent selling rate. However, if you can’t execute effective dropshipping product research, the rest won’t hold any water. Or even worse, it may cost you your whole business.
But since you’re here, that’s not going to happen if you used these product search tools the right way.
- How To Research Using Product Hunting Tools?
- Why Do You Need to Use Tools For Product Research?
- Top 13 Best Product Research Tools For Dropshipping
- 01. Sell The Trend
- 02. DSers
- 03. Niche Scraper
- 04. Intelligynce
- 05. AliShark
- 06. Dropship Spy
- 07. FindNiche
- 08. Pexda
- 09. Sale Source
- 10. Zonbase
- 11. Thieve.co
- 12. EcomHunt
- 13. Exploding Topics
How To Research Using Product Hunting Tools?
First and foremost, while dropshipping stores have numerous ways to research products, this article will focus on the two fundamental principles of product sourcing: beginning with demand and then finding the supply.
Demand-to-Supply is the trending product research method nowadays. This approach requires the products that are currently popular or frequently talked about online. Furthermore, they are usually searched in search engines like Google or Bing, as well as social media.
Acquiring the right product ideas can take some time and requires effort.
The big part of this process entails conducting product research using the necessary tools and identifying in-demand and profitable products that are lucrative enough to begin with.
The next step is to import those products into your dropshipping store and conduct some trials to see if they are indeed what your customers are looking for.
If you get a positive response (in terms of revenues), then you’ll know that you got yourself a product with a potential.
Why Do You Need to Use Tools For Product Research?
According to DoDropshipping, the success rate of dropshipping stores is only at 10% in the first year – thereby having a really high failure rate of 90%. And this very high fail rate is attributable to factors like:
- Insufficient market research
- Poor niche selection
- Inadequate marketing strategies
- Low-quality suppliers
- Lack of commitment to business
Thus, if you don’t want your online store to become a casualty of poor product selection, you’re going to need dropshipping product research tools to increase your chances of success.
It’s simply understood that ecommerce product research tools are designed to find the best-winning product ideas and provide you with the information you need to decide whether or not to sell them. The following are some of the most common features of a Product Research tool:
- Using the terms you entered, search for products on other websites.
- Show current prices on different eCommerce platforms and supplier websites.
- Show market-favorite products based on order rate.
- Profits, engagements, Facebook ads, video, targeting, and even competition are all included in the data.
- It can easily import products because it is integrated with your store’s eCommerce platform.
The only issue is deciding which market research tool to use?
Let’s figure it out in the next section.
Top 13 Best Product Research Tools For Dropshipping
You’ll find a multitude of product search tools on the internet – with each one of them claiming that they’re the best for dropshipping stores. However, trying out every research solution there is is a sure-fire way to waste your precious time.
That’s why we listed down our top 13 product research websites and tools below and provided important details such as key features and pricing.
We’re also giving you a list of pros and cons under each one of them to make your decision making simpler and easier so you can find the best product research tool for your business.
01. Sell The Trend
Sell The Trend is a product research tool that helps you with finding winning products for your store with data sources from AliExpress, Amazon, and a ton of Shopify stores.
Source: Sell The Trend
On the left, you will see a menu listing its powerful product research elements that are part of the NEXUS explorer.
- 1-click order fulfillment
- A wide array of filter and sort options
- Newly-introduced store intelligence feature to fetch info of all Shopify stores
- A large database and product library to help you find winning products for dropship
- Video making tools to create a unique video for marketing campaigns
- Google chrome extension to add products directly from Aliexpress – an Oberlo replacement
- Trending store finder feature within NEXUS explorer
- Multiple explorers to discover trending products
- More than 5,000,000 products to import from
- 9-in-1 tools
- This product research tool uses AI technology to predict money-making products
- Subscription includes Sell The Trend Shop – their built-in ecommerce platform
- All features on offer can be overwhelming for new users
- The free trial is only for 7 days.
- 7-day free trial available
- Monthly billing: $39.97 per month
- Annual billing: $329.79 per year (equivalent to $27.50 per month, including the free 2 months)
After trying a number of product research tools, Sell the trend stands out because it provides advanced and valuable capabilities that other applications don’t.
DSers is a good choice for those who are looking for a dropshipping product research tool that connects them directly to AliExpress suppliers. DSers is a Shopify app that not only lets you find AliExpress products to dropship but lets you import them to your site with just a few clicks.
As of this writing, DSers-AliExpress has more than 20,000 reviews in the Shopify app store with a perfect rating of 5.0 stars – making it one of the best product search tools for dropshipping.
- Find products that are selling for low prices and which ship quickly to the USA (within 10 days).
- Find the same product being sold by other suppliers for less.
- Import products from AliExpress directly to your store.
- Edit the product title, description, etc. in DSers while importing them to your store.
- Manage multiple AliExpress Shopify dropshipping stores in your DSers account.
- Fulfill orders with just one click – fulfill multiple orders at once, in bulk.
- Earn cash back when fulfilling orders from AliExpress with DSers.
- Loaded with extremely useful tools such as Supplier Optimizer, Bundle Products, Stock Management, and more.
- Cost-effective: You may select from 4 different plans, ranging from a free version to a Pro edition. All plans have a slew of useful features at a price that won’t break the bank.
- It would be great if it would support more eCommerce platforms
- No bulk edit products option
- 14-day free trial: Available on Advanced and Pro plans. No credit cards required.
- Basic: Forever free
- Monthly billing: $19.9 per month
- Annual billing: $190.8 per year (equivalent to $15.9 per month, including free 2 months)
- Monthly billing: $49.9 per month
- Annual billing: $478.8 per year (equivalent to $39.9 per month, including free 2 months)
- Monthly billing: $499 per month
- Annual billing: $4788 per year (equivalent to $399 per month, including free 2 months)
We suggest using DSers for product research and as a dropshipping tool itself because of its broad range of functions that make dropshipping easier. It can support syncing inventory data, handling bulk orders and using the Google Chrome extension to add new items; allows you to control orders and suppliers. Furthermore, it’s completely free plan including all features lets you save even more money from the plugins you can stop purchasing, for bundle mapping by example.
Quick Read: Check out for more Dsers Review
03. Niche Scraper
Niche Scraper is a powerful SaaS (Software as a Service) application that assists eCommerce merchants in researching the best products to offer on their eCommerce site, whether it’s powered by Shopify, WooCommerce, or another platform.
Source: Niche Scraper
- Product scraper: analyze thousands of products each day to show you which have the highest selling potential. Assists you in researching winning products and establishing a million-dollar dropshipping business.
- Store Analysis: spy on other top stores to reveal their best selling products, traffic data, sale estimates and more.
- Hand picked: Update AliExpress’s best-selling product data hand picked every day with suppliers, ad examples and more.
- Video maker: Allow users to create product video advertising with only a few clicks.
- Using sophisticated search tools, you can find low-competition winning products.
- Ability to perform all of your work in one place (search products, analyze stores, discover Facebook video advertising, create product video advertisements and more) to save time.
- The Product Scraper feature is a godsend for those looking for winning products
- It has a built-in marketing tool, Video Maker, and access to TikTok and Facebook ads insights
- The free trial does not offer much value compared to DSers
- When compared to other online product video producing tools, the video ad creator is not good enough to offer quality video
- Free: limited access to important features and delayed updates on winning products
- Pro: $49.95 per month
The Niche Scraper is a powerful product research solution. It allows you to check out other Shopify stores and supports the discovery of winning items. It simply saves you time by conducting all of the necessary research in order to sell the right things.
Intelligynce is a collection of tools and software that assists aspiring ecom merchants in doing in-depth research, analysis, and extracting the finest and most profitable products.
This program has access to over 380 product categories on AliExpress so you can instantly find the best products for your online store. Additionally, it allows you to spy on more than 400,000 Shopify dropshipping stores to see how they are performing. You may also use it to look for commodities on the Amazon and eBay markets.
- Show winning products from AliExpress, Amazon and eBay.
- Check product price on AliExpress, Amazon and eBay in one click.
- Powerful product search filters
- Store Inspector tool with access to more than 400,000 Shopify stores.
- Show the active Google ads, Facebook ads, and the current top-ranking keywords in Google search results for any and all the Shopify stores.
- Intelligynce Google chrome extension for doing a detailed analysis of any Shopify store in a few seconds.
- Ali Inspector tool for extremely detailed and deep research and analysis of products on the AliExpress website, but without having to face the page loading errors & issues of the AliExpress website.
- Import unlimited products and product reviews to your Shopify store
- Downloadable files on each product as a separate folder on your computer containing all the important details like product descriptions, images, links, picture structure etc for each of those selected products.
- Lifetime access to this software bundle is extremely cheap and relatively affordable.
- The Ali Inspector is offers a higher level of data analytics to find the best performing products
- Gives you access to Traffic, Keyword, and Competitor Analysis to give you a bird’s eye view of your business
- The amount of tools included in this package is mind-blowing – perfect for data-oriented entrepreneurs
- Trial plan isn’t available so users can’t experience whether the tools are suitable for them.
- Can’t create slide show video ads for the products.
- Have to download the Ali Inspector 2 software on your computer to use it.
- Free Trial Not Available
- Monthly Payment Option: $39 per month
- Lifetime Payment Option: $99 one-time payment
- Yearly Payment Option: $79 per year
All payment options enjoy full access to all their tools.
This Intelligynce software bundle is extremely useful for newbies in the dropshipping business and currently looking for products research tools.
Another tool created for dropshippers specifically, AliShark was founded by Yousef Khalidi, a well-known dropshipping expert.
The website describes itself as a “spy tool” that analyzes several data points on AliExpress and alerts dropshippers to which products they should avoid. It’s a sophisticated product research tool that allows you to locate the best dropshipping items.
- Live stats: As one of the most outstanding features on AliShark, you get to see daily orders of products live from your dashboard.
- Product information: includes necessary details you need to know about an item before you can go ahead and promote it.
- Product trends: This feature lets you see the history of sales and “adds to wishlist” over the last 2-6 months, predict trends and see when you could make a lot of money, or when the product is out of season.
- Advanced filters:This feature helps you a lot in laying hold on warm products, which is, potential winning items, and be one of the few selling it before it goes viral.
- Quick initial setup. If you are a novice dropshipper who is looking for product ideas to dropship, AliShark could be very useful.
- You can filter products in accordance with any criteria that you seem fit. The range of options available enables you to perform any sort of product research seamlessly.
- 2 day trial for $1. This is perhaps the best option for dropshippers who want to try out the tool before taking the plunge for $20/month. Nobody wants to be stuck with monthly payments for a tool which they don’t prefer using.
- Massive amounts of product filtering features to help narrow down your choices only to the best ones. They have specific filters such as by wishlist, videos, by save products, keywords, time, and a lot more.
- Unlike other dropshipping product research tools. AliShark acts like an all-encompassing search engine for dropshipping products
- No Free plan or 14-day trial for users
- No Facebook Ad targeting options. If you want a dropship spy tool with an Ad targeting feature, it’s better to look elsewhere.
- Not too many tutorials available for new users.
- Two-day free trial: $1, after two days, upgrade to full-access
- Full-Access Rate: $20 per month
AliShark is one of the best product research tools on the market, and it is well worth the money if you are a novice or even an experienced dropshipper. AliShark will save you hours of searching for hot sale items by providing you with relevant statistics that you would otherwise have zero access to.
06. Dropship Spy
Tristan Glaves developed Dropship Spy with the goal of creating a platform that would assist entrepreneurs start winning by providing them with access to products worth investing in. Dropship Spy is now one of the most popular product research apps on the market.
Source: Dropship Spy
- Winning Products Tool: This dropshipping product research tool shows you all the winning products they offer currently. By filtering those products based on your specific niche or by a keyword, you can narrow the results to meet your needs.
- Promising Products Tool: Show you not the “winning” products but the items categorized as potential so you can turn into such in the near future.
- Smart Match: Show products that match the items you previously looked at or put in your favorites.
- Products Spy: can be called as AliExpress copycat, providing you all dropshipping products currently on AliExpress and the stats on them.
- Offer a ton of different products and research tools in one place to try out.
- Have great in-depth charts and information on all the products.
- The platform continuously analyzes hundreds of products everyday to examine their engagement on other stores
- Dropship Spy can be used to analyze millions of products on the AliExpress platform to view sales figures, profit margins, and more
- Provides several suppliers for the same product so you don’t run out of inventory
- Free trial is not available
- Winning products shown to you are not exclusive, so the market saturation for these products is quite high.
- Free trial not available.
- Pro Membership
- Monthly billing: $39 per month
- Annual billing: $119 per year (equivalent to $9.90 per month including the free 9 months)
Dropship Spy is similar to Sell The Trend in providing a variety of Shopify product research tools for market study and identifying new trends. The quantity of data and information you can acquire for each product sets it apart from other solutions.
Recommended: If your dream is to start a successful online dropship business, you can make it come true through Spocket. For more details, read this post for all the aspects you need to know about this e-commerce tool.
Read more: Retail Calendar 2024: The Ultimate Guide For Your Ecommerce Businesses
FindNiche is a free Shopify and AliExpress niche analytics tool that collects data from over 1,000,000 goods, 11,000 niches, and 700,000 Shopify stores.
- Big Data: Extract meaningful data from big raw data. FindNiche has a broad number of accurate data compared to all other competitors.
- Fast updating daily: orders, process, profits, etc. tracking.
- Powerful filtering: provide filtering, sorting, and searching methods.
- Smart picking: Pick winning, trending, high demand and secret products.
- Blogs and Articles: For both beginners and professionals, FindNiche has a blog section to assist both novices and pros with any issue. Whenever the tool is updated, the team makes sure to let its users know about it. There are also tips on how to maximize revenues for DTC and eCommerce companies and how to nail the best niche down with the tool’s assistance.
- Availability of various tools for AliExpress such as Product Finder, Trending Products, Top Categories, and Research Tool
- It also has a Spy Tool so you can mirror other successful dropshippers in your niche
- Does not have a free trial
- Pricing is a bit steep compared to other dropshipping product research tools in this list
- Basic: $9 per month
- Monthly billing: $1 for the first 3 days then $59 per month
- Annual billing: $420 (equivalent to $35 per month)
- Monthly billing: $1 for the first 3 days then $99 per month
- Annual billing: $708 per year (equivalent to $59 per month)
- Monthly billing: $200+ per month depending on your needs
- Annual billing: $2000+ per year depending on your needs
FindNiche is suitable for both individuals who are professionals or are just beginners. It’s the tool for every eCommerce startup, especially AliExpress and Shopify. There are a lot of opportunities to explore both in terms of maximization of ROI or gaining popularity.
Pexda is a popular product research tool that offers daily insights of new winning products and it provides a wide range of features that make identifying winning goods much simpler and more efficient.
- Pexda provides users reports from analyzing Amazon, AliExpress, Facebook Ads; recommends high converting products.
- Provides the best new winning products every day.
- It has proven the way of Facebook Ad Copy for your inspiration.
- Help in discovering hot products just before they go viral and targeting customers that bring sales.
- Fully functional and user-friendly tool.
- The pricing is startup-friendly
- The app features Auto Hunt tools that automatically finds sponsored ads to help you learn how dropshippers in your niche are marketing their products
- They are not providing any webinar and tutorial like other dropshipping product research tools.
- The product addition is quite less than your expectation.
- The Standard Plan, at $14.95 per month has a 3-day delay on winning products
- Standard: $14.95 per month
- Premium: $49.95 per month
- Ultimate: $99.95 per month
To conclude, Pexda might be a worthwhile investment because of its potential to find the right product for your dropshipping store. It doesn’t offer a free winning product finder for those who want to test it. But its low starting price makes it a compelling tool worth giving a shot.
09. Sale Source
SaleSource is a product research tool that uses product analysis, trend assessments and competition comparisons to help eCommerce stores develop quicker and more securely. It’s especially beneficial for merchants since it gives them many options for identifying the most popular and in-demand products.
- Identify the most reliable online suppliers (via ratings)
- View all current sales locations for a specific product
- Determine which products are long term best sellers
- Use data on market trends to identify products with the potential to go viral
- Analyze competitor statistics (revenue, top products, visitor numbers, etc.).
- Compare product prices among top-rated suppliers
- Determine how many people/businesses are selling a specific product
- Automatically find top-rated suppliers, high converting product videos & generate descriptions
- View eCommerce suppliers, products with viral video content & track the best selling products
- Analyze and find winning products
- Check that a product is not saturated by looking at all other stores selling it
- Leverages big data to provide insights from 3 billion Shopify data points
- Aside from product research, SaleSource provides other ecommerce solutions
- Via its Shopify Stores tool, you can analyze thousands of Shopify stores and examine their traffic, revenues, themes, and other aspects.
- Documentation is non existing, but at least there are training videos
- Some might consider it pricey
- Free Trial available on Starter and Professional plans
- Monthly billing: $89 per month
- Annual billing: $496 per year (equivalent to $83 per month)
- Monthly billing: $98 per month
- Annual billing: $1176 per year (equivalent to $151 per month)
- Monthly billing: $399 per month
- Annual billing: $4050 per year (equivalent to $337 per month)
- Monthly billing: $999 per month
- Annual billing: $10185 per year (equivalent to $848 per month)
Store tracking and market competitor analysis are the most popular parts of the platform. If you’re serious about launching an online store, $69 per month is a reasonable fee. Use it correctly, and you’ll always have the edge on your competition. You’ll always know which products to invest in, why they’re a great choice, and what type of things your market competitors are doing to make money.
The next dropshipping product research tool is Zonbase. We’re well aware that some dropshippers might be using platforms that are not Shopify – such as Amazon. That’s why we included this one in our list.
- Zon Research: allows access to Amazon’s catalog of more than 400 million products to identify the profitable ones
- Chrome Extension: view data about Amazon products at one glance
- Hot Products: looks at not-yet-trending products with increasing sales to help you anticipate potential trends ahead of time
- Sales Estimator: Check out the estimated monthly sales volume of the products that you want to sell
- Keywords: discover related items to your current inventory depending on the keywords that you’re using
- Reverse ASIN: ASIN stands for Amazon Standard Identification Number. This feature lets you find products that organically rank higher and identify the keywords that they are using.
- Zon Tracker: keyword tracking tool to help you ensure that you are using the right keywords for your dropshipping store
- More proprietary features such as Zon Scanner, Zon Grading, Brand Analytics, Seller Insights, Zon Repricer, Listify and AI Listify, Profits Tools
- Zon PPC
- Zonbase has a rich collection of ecommerce solutions to help you ensure that all aspects of your dropshipping business are under control
- We particularly like the Listify and AI Listify feature as these leverage the power of artificial intelligence to help you optimize your listing with the right keywords
- Pricing can be a bit steep especially for those who are getting their feet wet
- The amount of tools available could be very overwhelming at first
- It’s not compatible with Shopify
- 7-day free-trial available
- Standard Plan:
- Monthly billing:$37 per month
- Annual billing: $354 per year (equivalent to $30 per month)
- Legendary Plan:
- Monthly billing: $97 per month
- Annual billing: $804 per year (equivalent to $67 per month)
- Diamond Plan:
- Monthly billing: $297 per month
- Annual billing: $2394 per year (equivalent to $200 per month)
- ZonBase Plus: $1997 one-time payment (limited entries, must join waitlist)
You should use ZonBase if you want a dropshipping product research tool that offers a wide range of solutions to all your dropshipping needs. Honestly, we were impressed by the features of ZonBase.
Unfortunately for Shopify users, Zonbase is not available on the platform. But for Amazon users, you should definitely try this one.
Thieve.co will show you what’s trending on AliExpress and give you a lot of inspiration for your product research.
You just need to sign up for a free account, and Thieve.co will show you pretty awesome products from AliExpress. You can even filter products by categories and see items inside your niche.
At first, Thieve.co only had a free version available, but now it has a dropshipping version called Thieve Supply. This is what Thieve Supply looks like from “the inside”:
You can then sort these products by a lot of filter options, such as categories, sales, trending products, and so on.
- Find products on AliExpress: help reverse image search AliExpress without having to trawl through super irrelevant search results in seemingly random categories.
- Sort & Filter Results: sort results by orders or relevancy, toggle irrelevant images off to improve results or filter by product reviews & orders.
- Good prices with a clear user interface. Help you find the best of AliExpress curated.
- The Thieve AliExpress Browser Extension is really impressive. It detects product pages (from Shopify, AliExpress, eBay, Amazon, and WooCommerce) and it will help you find the best suppliers for the same product.
- The Product Content Generator uses AI to generate product descriptions in a short time
- Objectivity of the curation process could be highlighted better.
- Some users feedback that it loads very slow and some links are broken.
- 14-day free trial available
- Dropship Plan:
- Monthly billing: $15 per month
- Annual billing: $97 per year (equivalent to $8.08 per month)
- Pro Plan:
- Monthly billing: $49 per month
- Annual billing: $258 per year (equivalent to $21.50 per month)
Overall, Thieve is a very modern tool with an excellent dashboard to provide not only a fresh but also useful tool to find the best winning products on AliExpress.
The Ecomhunt website describes it as “a curation of the best new products, every day.” This means that it is a legit way to find winnings and the most popular products online. It helps the users in hunting for the most popular products more efficiently, which makes the business’s sales conversion high.
- Identify trending products: Help you not only with sourcing and selling major products in the main classifications but it can help you find niche products in less-popular categories too.
- Analyze the key financials and marketing data about products before committing to them. Ecomhunt tells you where a product comes from, how many stores are selling it. and how much profit you can make on it.
- Easy to find and research trending products
- Reduces the risk of committing to new products
- Helps you populate your dropshipping store quickly with products that will sell
- Helps you research the competition thoroughly and quickly
- Helps you emulate advertising and targeted marketing strategies that work on social media (Facebook)
- Reasonably priced Pro version unlocks all features
- The money-back guarantee means very little risk
- The Facebook AdHunter chrome extensions lets you spy on your competitors’ ads on Facebook so you can create better ones
- You can anticipate products with the potential to go viral and trending – making you the early bird
- The free version has very limited features (by its own admission)
- If you’re serious about starting a dropshipping store you will need the pro version
- Free Plan available
- Monthly billing: $29 per month
- Annual billing: $279 per year (equivalent to $23 per month)
- Monthly billing: $49 per month
- Annual billing: $468 per year (equivalent to $39 per month)
- Monthly billing: $69 per month
- Annual billing: $588 per year (equivalent to $49 per month)
Ecomhunt helps you populate your store and market the right products from day one. It helps you to start selling, marketing and generating revenues within days – rather than weeks or months of trial and error. You can start paying back your return on investment quicker and no longer have to wait months on end to see profits. So, if you’re just getting started in dropshipping, Ecom Hunt could be a great fit for you.
13. Exploding Topics
Exploding Topics is not specifically a dropshipping research tool. Instead, it is a tool that helps you identify upcoming trends on the entire internet. This means topics of all sorts.
Source: Exploding Topic
- Identify trending topics and products within various categories
- Easy-to-use interface
- Two main filters to narrow down your search: Time and Category
- You can input any topic in the search bar and Exploding Topics will do the search
- Using a tool like this helps you gain a wider perspective regarding your ecommerce business
- Very easy to use
- If your marketing strategy includes content planning, this will help you target the right topics for your audience
- Short of analytic capacities.
- Lack of analytics data. You can only get Search Volume and Topic growth rate.
- Not specifically for dropshipping
- Does not have a monthly billing
- 14-Day Trial: $1 (available on all plans)
- Entrepreneur: $468 per year (equivalent to $39 per month)
- Investor: $1188 per year (equivalent to $99 per month)
- Business: $2988 per year (equivalent to $249 per month)
As mentioned, Exploding Topics is not specifically made for researching dropshipping products. Thus, if you are solely looking for the latter, there are better solutions in this list. But if you want a powerful research tool for your content strategy, this one is worth giving a try to see if it can help you publish trending content on your dropshipping store. For only $1 for 14 days, you can give its Business plan a quick spin to see if it’s going to be helpful for your business.
That was the final word! We hope that our list of the top 15+ product research tools has aided you in making your decision.
All of the tools mentioned above will suffice for product research, and we’re confident that you’ll get a good return on your investment.
Or you can check out our list of “sell this now” products on Shopify to give you a head start in finding the right winning products.
If you have experienced any other excellent product research and sourcing tools or have any questions, please let us know! We’re always willing to hear from you!
For more great tools that give your eCommerce journey a boost, check out:
- Shopify Cost Calculator
- Shopify Theme Detector
- Shopify Spy Tool
- Shop Name Ideas
- Profit Margin Calculator