Which Frame Type is Right for Me?
The key difference between the UPLIFT V2 and V2-Commercial frame types is height range; they are both equally stable. The V2-Commercial desk has a height range that starts at almost 2″ lower than the V2 and conforms to the ANSI/BIFMA G1-2013 height standard.
- The V2 desk has a height range of 24.5″ – 50.1″ (with 1″ thick desktop). That’s a 25.6″ travel distance. Fits users 5’3″ to 6’9″ tall. Or add a keyboard tray to fit users 4’7″ and taller.
- The V2-Commercial desk has a height range of 22.6″ – 48.7″ (with 1″ thick desktop). That’s a 26.1″ travel distance. The lowest height is about 3″ lower than the V2 desk. Fits users 4’11” to 6’5″ tall, or users 4’3″ and taller if configured with a keyboard tray.
- The V2-Commercial desk is certified to the ANSI/BIFMA G1-2013 height standard required by larger companies to ensure desks fit most employee heights.
- Adding casters raises a desk 2″ – 5.25″ inches depending on which caster is selected and is a useful way to accommodate very tall users.
- Keep in mind that using a Motion-X or Rocker-X board adds 2.3″ to your standing height.
For the Desk Nerds:The V2 Desk has stability braces at the top of each leg for maximizing stability without the need for a lower crossbar that connects the legs. To provide the space needed for the stability braces, the leg orientation is inverted with the larger telescoping tube section at the top. These angular stability braces eliminate side-to-side wobble and replace the need for a lower crossbar.
For the V2-Commercial Desk to achieve an almost 2″ lower starting height with a larger overall height adjustment range, the 3 telescoping leg sections were designed to be shorter and travel farther. Because of this, the telescoping leg stages overlap each other less than they do on the V2 legs. To compensate for less overlap, the V2-Commercial legs are thicker and connected by a lower crossbar. The end result is a 4-leg desk with best-in-class stability that exceeds the award-winning stability of our 2-leg desk.
The V2-Commercial Desk was developed to optimally accommodate users under 5’3″ tall (fits 4’11” to 6’5″ tall users). The V2-Commercial Desk meets the ANSI/BIFMA G1-2013 height standard, accommodating users who are a seated female 5th percentile (5’0″) to a standing male 95th percentile (6’3″). The V2-Commercial Desk accommodates users 4’11” to 6’5″ in most cases (for example, standing males above 6’3″ tall will have a slight decline angle in their forearm while using the desk and can use a keyboard tray to elevate their keyboard if needed). With the lower starting height, the V2-Commercial Desk accommodates smaller seated children especially when used with a keyboard tray.
Using a keyboard tray enables the V2 desk to fit users 4’7″ or taller, and the V2-Commercial desk to fit users 4’3″ or taller. Additionally, we recommend the use of a keyboard tray for any intensive computer user regardless of their height. Keyboard trays optimally position the keyboard/mouse so wrists can be kept perfectly straight during use. The optimal position for your keyboard and mouse allows the upper arms to hang comfortably at your sides, with elbows at about 90 degrees, and wrists perfectly straight while typing and mousing. This will usually place the keyboard tray height just above lap height while seated. UPLIFT keyboard trays have 8″ of height adjustment and move vertically from 5″ below to 3″ above the underside of the desktop. They typically mount to a Track Spacer under the desk, which is 2.8″ below the desktop bottom surface.