A land gifted with pristine beaches, exotic water villas on serene islands, vibrant tribes and their cultural ethos. No! We are not talking about a fascinating dream but about Indonesian landscapes. There are many surreal places in Indonesia, and together they offer a mix of outlandish island wonders and spine-chilling adventures. Here’s a list of the most beautiful places in Indonesia, covering islands, beaches and lakes for the water babies; national parks for wildlife lovers; active volcano sites for adventurous souls; and places for city explorers.
What we are saying is that whether you are an adventure lover or someone who seeks peace and time alone, Indonesia is the go-to place. Ranging from wild and extravagant adventures to some beautiful sights, Indonesia is perfect! Pick your favorite and get going to experience an adventure of a lifetime! Indonesia’s best islands and mountains await your wandering soul! Have a look.
28 Most Beautiful Places In Indonesia In 2024
If you’re visiting Indonesia anytime soon, then make sure to keep these beautiful places in Indonesia to your bucket list and enjoy the nature’s beauty which is abundant at these locations. Make sure you add these places to your itinerary while planning an exciting trip to Indonesia, one of world’s most beautiful places to visit and the most visited holiday destination. Let’s find out what makes Indonesia so special.
- Gili Islands – For The Best Nightlife
- Raja Ampat Islands – Explore Rare Species Of Corals
- Maluk Beach – Witness The Changing Colors Of Sun Rays
- Kelimutu Lake – Dramatic Volcanic Peaks
- Lake Toba – Largest Caldera
- Bunaken Marine Park – Exotic Range Of Fish Species
- Komodo National Park – For Giant Monitor Lizards
- Mount Bromo – Volcano In An Active State
- Mount Rinjani – Second Highest Volcano Of Indonesia
- Ijen – For Mining Activities
- Dieng Plateau – An Abode Of God
- Torajaland – Relish The Culture
- Borobudur Temple – World’s Biggest Buddhist Sanctuary
- Ubud – Hike Through Rainforests & Rice Paddy Fields
- Tanjung Puting National Park – Trek Through Tropical Jungles
- Derawan Islands – To Relax & Unwind
- Belitung – For Dutch Colonial Architecture
- Nusa Dua – For White Sand Beaches
- Seminyak – Most Happening Place
- Jakarta – Melting Pot Of Cultures
- Lombok – A Stunning Marine Life
- North Sulawesi – Best Diving Sites
- Nusa Penida – Offbeat Yet Spectacular
- Bali – Cliche Yet The Best
- Yogyakarta – A Quaint Little Pretty Place
- Bandung – A Different Kind Of Calm
- Bangka Islands – Simply Blissful
- Wae Rebo Village – Iconic Culture
1. Gili Islands, Lombok – For The Best Nightlife
Overwater villas are so romantic, that there is no way to forget them while making a list of most beautiful places in Indonesia. Fringed by white sand beaches and blue water, the complex of three small and isolated islands namely Gili Trawangan, Gili Meno and Gili Air bears unique scenic appeal.
Tips: The best time to visit Gili Islands is between June to September as the crystal clear water poses perfect conditions for water activities. Things to do: Besides adventure sports like snorkeling, surfing and diving, go island hopping, fishing and touring in glass-bottom boats. Else, just chill out in a beachside cafe or shack. Best places to stay: Les Villas, Oceano Jambuluwuk and Ombak Sunset. Tourist Attractions: Gili Meno, Masjid Agung Baiturrahman Gili, Gili Trawangan ViewPoint Places To Eat: Ya Ya Warung, Kayu Cafe, Little Bali Restaurant Best Time To Visit: September to November How To Reach: The easiest way to get to the Gilis from Lombok’s airport or Senggigi is to walk to the nearest travel agent, taxi desk or tour and book a package.
Must Read: 32 Exotic Places To Visit In Bali For Honeymoon
Bali Holiday Packages On TravelTriangle