When it comes to life events, having a baby is pretty high up there next to weddings and graduation. A little schnookie cherub is on the way, which means choosing a baby name (Ree Drummond loves thinking up baby girl names), baby-proofing the house, and picking out adorable itty-bitty clothes. There is just so dang much to be excited about, so it makes sense to share that delight with family and friends!
Enter: the baby shower.
It’s probably the last social gathering new parents will have for a while and the perfect opportunity to share in their joy. Those closest to the family might help plan baby shower games to celebrate the mom-to-be or a cake made from scratch. No matter what though, cute baby shower gifts and cards are in order. Now, as for what to write in a baby shower card? That part might leave anyone a bit stuck. The best new baby wishes can be poignant, heartfelt, full of advice, or just a funny note to alleviate any stress. You can also personalize the card with baby girl wishes or baby boy wishes. Whichever route you choose, know that the parents-to-be will appreciate knowing that their loved ones care. 🤗
General New Baby Wishes
- Wishing you all of the blessings a new baby brings!
- Can’t wait to meet those tiny little feet!
- Celebrating you and the sweet little someone who’s on the way.
- This little one is so blessed to have you as a mom!
- I’m so excited to “shower” your little one with love.
- Cheers to the many wonder-filled moments that await you.
- From small beginnings come great things. Congratulations!
- They don’t know it yet, but this little smoosh has the best parents.
- May God bless you and your precious miracle.
- Wishing you many nights of bedtime stories and warm cuddles.
- Your little family is about to get a lot cuter!
- Wishing you an easy birth, a quick recovery, and a healthy little munchkin.
- Happiness is coming your way. Now pencil us in for some play dates.
- Here’s to embarking on life’s greatest adventure! Enjoy the surprises.
- It doesn’t matter who they are or where they go—all they need is love to grow.
- A cradle full of wishes for your new baby girl/boy!
- Little feet make big imprints. Congrats!
- Your little lovebug definitely won the parent lottery. I can’t wait to see your family grow!
- Mommyhood looks great on you. I know you’ll be fantastic.
- Babies don’t come with instruction manuals but know that’s half the fun. Best wishes on your adventure!
- One baby smile is worth 1,000 dirty diapers. You can do this.
- A miracle from above, a beautiful child to cherish and love.
New Baby Boy Wishes
- Congrats, and be careful when you change those diapers!
- Little boys will keep you on your toes. Wishing you all the energy in the world!
- I can’t wait to see the boy he’ll become. May your handsome little dude bring you joy and happiness.
- Here comes a new little boy to fill your hearts with love and joy.
- The end zone is in sight. Three cheers for the arrival of your future QB!
- Wishing you strong feet for all of the Legos and toy cars you’re about to step on.
- I hope your little dude is as handsome as his pops!
New Baby Girl Wishes
- The princess has entered the building! Wishing you warmth and patience.
- Congrats on your new mini-me!
- So excited to see the woman your little girl grows up to be. Wishing you the best!
- May you welcome a healthy little girl who will one day share your shoe size.
- Congratulations! Just four more and you’ll have the spice girls.
- Wishing you a baby girl as sweet as her mama.
- A little girl is the only other lady who can make a dad’s heart grow.
Funny Baby Shower Messages
- Congrats on your bundle of poops… I mean, joy!
- Enjoy every minute of these next few months—it will be your last quiet ones for a while!
- Congrats on the birth of your tiny Overlord!
- Congratulations on embarking on the craziest journey two people can go on!
- Well done on creating a mini version of you two.
- Hello baby, goodbye sleep. My rate is $20 an hour!
- A baby makes love stronger, days shorter, savings smaller, and homes happier.
- Genes so nice, they made them twice!
- May they inherit your husband’s good looks, your brains, and my sense of humor.
- Get ready to spend a whole lot more time with the in-laws!
- You can’t return them when they break your stuff, but you can always drop them off with us!
- Enjoy today’s shower, it will be your last for a while!
- Dearest little one, Please sleep through the night and nurse easy. Love, your mom’s BFF
- Remember our wild nights staying up till dawn? That was your training. I know you’ll do great!