Q: How can I apply?
A: Visit the Law School Admission Council (LSAC) to register and submit your electronic application
Q: What do I need to do to complete my application?
- Take the Law School Admission Test (LSAT), Graduate Record Examination (GRE), or Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)
- Submit your electronic application and pay the $80 nonrefundable application fee.
- Submit transcripts to LSAC for processing
- Submit two letters of recommendation to LSAC for processing
- LSAC will release your Credential Assembly Service (CAS) report to us after the required transcripts, letters of recommendation, and LSAT score(s) have been provided.
- If you plan to apply with GRE or GMAT test scores, the LSAT requirement will be waived.
Q: Do you grant interviews?
A: Interviews are at the request of our Admissions Committee only.
Q: What are your application deadlines?
- Binding Early Decision Online application available at LSAC on September 1 File and complete application by January 1 Rolling Basis Notification
- Please see the Admission and Preparation section of our website to learn more about our Binding Early Decision application process.
- Regular Decision Online application available at LSAC on September 1 File and complete application by March 1 Rolling Basis Notification
- Transfer/Visitor Applications Transfer and Visitor application opens on September 1
Q: Do you offer a fee waiver?
A: Yes, we grant fee waivers upon request for participants in:
- Teach for America
- Peace Corps
- Active Military and Veterans
Additionally, if you are registered with LSAC’s Candidate Referral Service (CRS) and are selected to receive a fee waiver based on our selection criteria, we will notify you via email. It is worth noting that CRS fee waivers are processed shortly after the release of each LSAT exam’s scores. Further, if you are granted a need-based fee waiver through LSAC, our application fee will automatically be waived when you apply to Cornell Law.
If your need-based fee waiver request is denied by LSAC, then you may complete and submit our need-based fee waiver form.
Q: When should I apply?
A: Applications are reviewed in order of completion by our Admissions Committee, but applicants may not be notified in that order. We recommend submitting your application as early as possible. All applications close August 1.
- Early Decision application deadline is January 1
- Regular application deadline is March 1