This mouthwatering recipe for Tuscan Chicken showcases crispy, seasoned chicken breasts smothered in a creamy Parmesan sauce with sun-dried tomatoes and spinach. It’s a classic Italian dish that is perfect for dinner, and the creamy sauce is absolutely irresistible!
What’s in Tuscan Chicken
The combination of simple-seasoned chicken with a creamy sauce is unbeatable. The best part is that you probably already have most of these ingredients in your pantry!
- Chicken: Use chicken breasts pounded to an even thickness. You can also use chicken thighs, but the cooking time will be slightly longer.
- Parmesan Cheese: It adds a rich flavor to both the flour mixture that coats the chicken and the sauce.
- Butter: Opt for high-quality butter to enhance the flavor of both the sauce and the chicken.
- Flour: A mixture of flour and cheese is used to dredge the chicken, creating a crispy texture. Some flour is also needed to thicken the sauce.
- Heavy Cream: This is what gives the Parmesan sauce its creamy consistency!
- Italian Seasoning: A savory blend of herbs and spices that adds a signature flavor to the dish. If you don’t have Italian seasoning on hand, you can create your own blend at home.
- Spinach: Baby spinach works best, but if you prefer a heartier texture, you can use kale instead. Fresh spinach is recommended over frozen spinach.
- Sun-Dried Tomatoes: If you’re not a fan of tomatoes, you can substitute them with mushrooms for a similar texture.
Add in More Veggies
If you want to incorporate additional vegetables into your Tuscan chicken dish or substitute spinach and tomatoes, you have plenty of options:
- Kale: It makes a great replacement for spinach, bringing a heartier texture to the dish.
- Artichoke Hearts: Add a delicious touch by draining and chopping them into bite-sized pieces.
- Mushrooms: They provide a similar texture to sun-dried tomatoes, making them an excellent substitute. Although they have a different taste, they complement the dish well.
How to Store Leftovers
To store leftovers, place them in an airtight container and refrigerate within two hours of cooking. The cooked chicken will remain safe in the refrigerator for up to three days.
For the best results when reheating, use the stovetop method. You can also freshen up the Parmesan sauce by adding a bit more heavy cream.
Can You Freeze Tuscan Chicken?
Absolutely! Allow everything to cool before transferring it to a freezer-safe container. It can be frozen for up to three months.
When reheating, thaw the dish overnight in the refrigerator and then heat it on the stovetop until the chicken is fully warmed through.
What to Serve with Creamy Tuscan Chicken
The creamy Parmesan sauce pairs perfectly with pasta. Prepare penne, spaghetti, or your favorite noodles, and serve each plate with a chicken breast generously covered in the sauce.
Roasted mushrooms or garlic also complement this dish wonderfully. Begin with a chicken Caesar salad or a bowl of Zuppa Toscana, and you’ll have a delightful restaurant-style meal.
Making this authentic creamy Tuscan chicken recipe on the stovetop is incredibly simple. It will undoubtedly become a regular part of your meal rotation!
More Creamy Chicken Recipes We Love
- Creamy Garlic Chicken and Bacon
- Crockpot Chicken and Rice
- Chicken Cacciatore
- Marry Me Chicken
- Chicken Marsala
- Crockpot Chicken Alfredo
- Creamy Chicken Spaghetti
- Baked Caesar Chicken
- See all of our Chicken Recipes!